Quantcast

New off-roading/rally Pictures

563 740

Chimp
Jul 23, 2002
North of Albany
Where do you live? That dirt is gorgeous.. :monkey: Looks soft & fluffy but also nice & moist for packing down.

PS: be verry careful with that stuff when you just got your license. I introduced my truck to a tree doin things like that on a dirt road. Had my license one week to the day.. It was a lesson that stuck with me.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
That's cool. I'd love to try that someday, but I'd never have the balls to take my car (or a friend's car out) - I'd have to rent one or something like that, where there was less liability.

Oh, and I love to desaturate these types of pics, hope you don't mind, but I think they end up looking pretty cool. It's not the greatest photoshop in the world, but good enough for government work...

Oh, and BTW - that is NOT off-roading. See that thing you're driving on - it's called a dirt road (more or less). :wink:

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I do that in my car, it's a beater saturn though. I have to agree with the rest I'd never drive a car I'd invested any money into that way.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
If you knew where the tranny was on that car you wouldn't do that. On my beetle, (same chassis, same engine, same suspension) the tranny is right behind the airdam in the front with no protection other than a piece of vacuum formed plastic. I just about took it out on a piece of road debris.

I remember rallying my moms subi when I was 16. The next day, the car had a flat. :rolleyes: I have no idea how that could have happened....

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
stoney98 said:
I won't drive my subie that way and it is designed to rally.
Thats cause you probably can't drive :nuts:

Dont worry you may not drive it like that, but I'll bet ya where ever you took it to be repaired or when you take it into the dealer its gets its fair share of flogging. :eviltongu

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
stoney98 said:
I won't drive my subie that way and it is designed to rally. YOU son are dab gumit stupid.

:stupid:

Ok Did you JUST GET YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE or a rally racing license, which then I could understand you know what you are doing.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
stoney98 said:
If I had an STi I'd be worried. I have a TS, there's more fun cars posting on the lot.

hahaha... You my friend have not spent enough time around a dealership. It isnt about which car is the most fun, it's about flogging a customer's car. :D

The tech's know better then to rip on a car off the lot.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
stoney98 said:
If you worked at a subie shop and repaired subies, which would you take? The N/A TS or the Turbo WRX or STi? Personally, I'd go wrx or sti.

There is plenty of love to go around. BELIEVE ME.

Hell when I worked for Enterprise we would regularly see how high we could get the Metros and Aspires off the ground over this one set of RR tracks. Everyone at this Enterprise branch learned the spot from the guys at the Dealership we serviced.

Dude you have a N/A TS? And you are thinking about getting an Exhaust and a Swaybar? The best way to improve that car's performance and handling will be to trade it in.

Wassobe

Chimp
Feb 9, 2004
simsbury
Before anyone else jumps down my throat, I made a typo when typing this.

I just got my license, I AM NOT THE DRIVER, I JUST TOOK THE PIC's AND WENT OUT WITH HIM in my own car, pathfinder

It's my friends 20ae gti, and he was the driver, and he wanted to do it with his car, and I got pic's.

Swine

Monkey
Jan 8, 2003
Alpharetta, Ga
Wassobe said:
Well, got my license and all...

Anyways, took my friends gti out on these dirt-roads with lots of deep sand, mud,and lots of turns and all. Nothing serious, but it made for a fun time.

http://www.pbase.com/wassobe/cars

Straight up PROPS...the last thing i would ever expect from any volkswagen owner(minus older rabbits and such) much less an gti(i thougt it was an r32 at first :dead: ).

I clicked the link looking for some old pos being a abused...nothing grabs my heart so fondly as a new age street maching riping through the dirt and getting nasty. :evil:

Stoney, alittle powdered dirt never hurt anything.

As for handling, stoneys car rides on the same chassis as all the 02 and up wrx's and sti's and utilizing the same suspension set-up(mcpherson front, i forget the rear). His car will handle very well with his planned mods.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
As someone who owns a 20AE, your friend should be kicked in the teeth for doing that to his 20AE. If it is his first car his parents should be shot for 1. buying him a car like that and 2. for not raising him to use things with care and good judgement. I did some stupid things to my first car when I was a teen but my first car was a 76 Chevette not a nice sport compact.

ps...for all the ppl who wanted to know what the Imola Yellow Sunday Factory frame kit looks like, that is the color.

-ska todd

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
sweet, i should post some pics of my 91 legacy GT... the floor boards are still wet from thursday though... :wink:

Where in CT are those roads? Im in Idaho now, but live in CT during the winter, makes for great snow driving. But here in idaho there are thousands of miles of dirt roads, and flat tires...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
ska todd said:
ps...for all the ppl who wanted to know what the Imola Yellow Sunday Factory frame kit looks like, that is the color.

-ska todd
Now that is cool.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
jacksonpt said:
That's cool. I'd love to try that someday, but I'd never have the balls to take my car (or a friend's car out) - I'd have to rent one or something like that, where there was less liability.

Oh, and I love to desaturate these types of pics, hope you don't mind, but I think they end up looking pretty cool. It's not the greatest photoshop in the world, but good enough for government work...

Oh, and BTW - that is NOT off-roading. See that thing you're driving on - it's called a dirt road (more or less). :wink:
I have to agree with Jackson...

this is offroading!!!!