Quantcast

New old bike.

Antennas

Chimp
Apr 2, 2019
NY
I’m selling my XL SB66c for $1200...maybe less
I need a S or a M

this. this is the problem. for $1000 for a complete you gotta go way back, and they weren’t making what he wanted back then, other than the bottlerocket, uzzi, sx trail...maybe ss...maybe a reign
I'm realizing this it didn't really exist back then. I've come to the same conclusion of uzzi, bottlerocket, sx trail, reign, and spitfire. Though i keep reading about broken spitfires. Spending $1000 and then breaking the frame would be a huge bummer.

Would a trek remedy be comparable to a reign or should I stay away?

My other option is maybe one of the many 100mm 4x/slopestyle bikes they made around 08-10. I see them go for quite a bit under $1k. Found a cheap Morwood Ndiza. Then get a more current bike in a year or 2.

I assume you all mean reign x?

Last edited:

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
Those bikes are plenty capable hey. Sure they cracked (I broke mine) but so did the Patrols. The new SBG alloy models seem to be beefed up in all the problem areas though. The added weight - and there is a lot of it - might take away from the XC capabilities of the Scout, but should make them more durable. I put my old one through some pretty stupid shit before it cracked - I wouldn't hesitate to do the same or worse to the new version.

The videos on the Transition site are a pretty good setpoint for what that bike can do. You'll notuce though, that the don't really show it smashing through rock gardens. It does only have 125-130mm travel in the end. You will feel bumps a lot more.
didn't they even start with 110mm or so travel "freeride" bike back in the days?

*edit* found it:

http://www.transitionbikes.com/BlogImages/KB_PrestonV2.pdf

dovbush66

Monkey
Aug 27, 2018
Ireland
I'm also into short travel freeride bikes or slack 4x bikes (to double duty as street/dj bike and trail bike)
I found the DMR Bolt ticks a lot of boxes. Geo in the middle of a 4x and enduro bike, steel, burly construction and 125 rear travel. 67 ha with a 150 fork. Out of budget though at 900 pound for a frame only.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
The old SCOTT Voltage with a 215mm i2i shock has 135mm or 150mm of travel. There’s also 3 different dropouts to adjust chain stay length if you want it short and quick handling or longer and stable. It’s pretty close to what your describing and was built for park laps

Last edited: