Quantcast

new paypal fraud

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
basically an e-mail is sent to you and there is a link to a "paypal" page.

DON"T CLICK IT!!!!!!!

its a scam. they tried to take about 600 bucks out of my account.

now i'm having disput it

IT SUCKS

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
Ive used the paypal virtual credit card a few times and now AP9 something or other is jacking like $15 a month, i have to call in so i dont have time for it.

DR. Dirt

Chimp
Jun 29, 2004
East Coast
i hate those little ****ers that think they are cool by stealing peoples money. thats why i would never use pay pal. If i ever hear of one of those little punks around here i am going to beat them down so bad, curb stomp them and kick them in the nuts.
its annoying that all of these poeple are trying to steal other peoples money and its starting to piss me off. I swear that if i ever hear of someone doing that in my city, you better watch yourself.

Good luck with your paypal thing, i hope it works out.
John

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
paypal is not stealing the money at all.

the link and e-mail was made by somebody else and looks just like the paypal site. what they do is make a virual amt and take your money directly out of your account.

this is some 3rd party people using paypals good name to steal your money.

DR. Dirt

Chimp
Jun 29, 2004
East Coast
i know that pay pal is not taking the money. i just never would use becuase of things like this. send those bastards down to my house when you find them, im going to bust them up

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
oh ya another thing too, I find this super funny. all my ebay auctions are set up to one email address, and my paypal is hooked to another emial. and i get all this spam saying "update your paypal/ebay account" like twice a day. But they are sending it to my email which isnt even hooked up to paypal. stupid people!

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
same deal with me but someone hacked my ebay account and got my paypal info out of there. they were selling cell phones and other junk and totally f'd me out of 200 bones

DieselX

Monkey
May 26, 2004
New York City
You gotta be pretty dumb to fall from email scams. If if any company emails you and says Dear member, or Dear user, or anything like that without actually stating your name or username, then it's a scam. Also, companies/sites do not ask to re-enter passwords or update credit cards.

If you think the email is real, go to the website yourself, not with the link they provide you with. If a company wants something from you, they will ask for it when you login.