Quantcast

New PDC frame

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
Any idea what this frame's name, price, or stats are? I'm guessing a 7-8" FR type bike. I wonder if it could be raced in DH...
I like the fact that it's low and the linkage is compact and (looks) effective.

Pics:

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
yes it is a dh race bike. 8" travel with a dh shock, less with a 4x-sized shock.

congrats on getting the bike out so fast to pdc, here is a detail of the dropouts i think are really cool

there should be a HT too.

Attachments

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Now I'm wishing I'd gone to Interbike. I'd have dirt-demo'd that sucker for hours.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
does anybody have any idea of similar bikes to the original PDC bike?

ie, high pivot low linkage. Sort of like a reverse turner, no? I'd love to own one, but price is high.

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
The reason I like this new one so much is that it looks much less busy than the DH-One, and the shock options lets you do a lot with the frame.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
Incubus said:
That thing is sexy. Any ideas as to the price?

last i spoke to kyle, there was no set retail price but the ballpark figures he gave me were a lot lower than the current one, 30%ish less in fact if my memory serves me right.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Sandwich said:
does anybody have any idea of similar bikes to the original PDC bike?

ie, high pivot low linkage. Sort of like a reverse turner, no? I'd love to own one, but price is high.

Balfa BB7. Not quite as stiff and it doesn't have a moto-link, but the pivot placement is the same and they both have the pulley that makes them pedal so well.

Superdeft said:
The reason I like this new one so much is that it looks much less busy than the DH-One, and the shock options lets you do a lot with the frame.
Actually, the dh-one is simpler. It is really only a single pivot with a moto-link to tune the shock and a pulley to make it rideable.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
buildyourown said:
Actually, the dh-one is simpler. It is really only a single pivot with a moto-link to tune the shock and a pulley to make it rideable.

well that means the wheel path is simpler, but the dhone has a 100mm bb shell, a floater, a thruaxle and a rather complex linkage.

its a complex bike, i can tell you that because i have worked a lot on one.

and im all for complex bikes....

shagwell

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
looks well sweet, but mud clearance could be an issue looking at the second picture down.. that tyre is sooo close to the frame.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
vitox said:
well that means the wheel path is simpler, but the dhone has a 100mm bb shell, a floater, a thruaxle and a rather complex linkage.

its a complex bike, i can tell you that because i have worked a lot on one.

and im all for complex bikes....

I can see how the new bike would be desireable. It looks like it should be a fair bit lighter. However, all those things you just mentioned are good things in my book. I bet under the average rider, the dh-one is faster. I know I would ride one if I could afford it.

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
I had a chance to do a short parking lot ride on the new freeride. Very cool. I don't think i would race DH on it. but i will probably get one fro my girlfriend to replace her M1. it's lighter then her heckler (the white one is the one i tried).

These folks are cool. Kyle and other people that work with his company came to my house the other night. I'm very happy to have my DH one on the way (2 more weeks).
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Anyone have the geo #s on that bike, by the way? (Both the Dh1 and the new one, if ya got 'em...)

MD

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Hey, someone has to ask...

My eyeball says 'low and slack,' though...I like. I like a hell of a lot. So much so that I'm scaring myself.

That frame, the new and cheap Manitou Stance Kingpin up front, hadley/mavic wheelset with micchie tires, SRAM x.0 twister to X9 der., e13 SRS with 38t ring, oooooooh boy, I've gotta stop now.

MD

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
Anyone have a get-rich-quick scheme in mind?

Also: has it occurred to anyone that this looks similar to an imperial (split tubes aside) because the seat tube is slack, above the BB on the down-tube, and perpendicular to a line from head-tube to hub?

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
So if the PDC-1 is $3200 CAD, that makes the new one ~$2050 CAD, right? So it'll be around $1700 US? Not too shabby....

MD

Supa8

Monkey
May 3, 2002
Middle of MA
MikeD said:
Hey, someone has to ask...

My eyeball says 'low and slack,' though...I like. I like a hell of a lot. So much so that I'm scaring myself.

That frame, the new and cheap Manitou Stance Kingpin up front, hadley/mavic wheelset with micchie tires, SRAM x.0 twister to X9 der., e13 SRS with 38t ring, oooooooh boy, I've gotta stop now.

MD

I likey as well. Light and low.

Brad23

Monkey
Jan 9, 2004
West Oakland
The dual function PDR is looking oh so sexy...with a pushed adjustable fox dual crown....ok I'm dreaming but one bike that CAN do it all with of course different shocks/ wheels. The geo 'looks' good, I really like how low the shock is. This bike should RAIL!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
Time to rob a bank...I'll be right back guys, if you don't hear from me soon, you can just read about in the paper. :evil:

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
johnbrittain said:
i didnt really read this thread so it might have been said already, but doesnt that pdc frame kinda look pretty simillar to the Canefield Bros. Formula 1??
just take a look at the lower linkage.

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
Lumpy_Gravy said:
Has anyone tried a PDC frame? how does it ride?
I have ridden 4 runs at whistler on one. I decided to buy one on the first. It rails corners. It takes big hits really well, a little harsh on the small bumps. short cockpit. jumps well. And it pedaled soo nice. I was taking sections that i have done 100 times on my M1 faster on a bike that i had only just got on. I will do a proper review after i have mine for a while.

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
66, read my post again, in the middle I said, "IF I needed a new bike"

I am still really liking my yeti