Quantcast

New Pedals

HowlerMonkey

Chimp
Nov 2, 2003
Hockeyland
Picked up a new set of Dark Cycles Arachnid Pedals - can't wait to try them out. They should be plenty grippy. They came from a new products show and are not in production yet. It's too bad I can't ride the buggers until the snow is gone up here in central Alberta.
My shins should like them too.

Attachments

sumskat

Chimp
Oct 1, 2006
dude I saw those pedals from photos at interbike. They look siiiiick. I love Dark Cycles other pedals too. Awesome machining on both pedals. They look like they would be great in muddy conditions...

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Never saw a side proflie shot before, they look extremely thin, I think I have found my next purchase.

HowlerMonkey

Chimp
Nov 2, 2003
Hockeyland
I purchased my pedals from ebay - the guy who sold them to me, Hunter from www.abandonracing.com told me in an email that the arachnids will be available in clear ano and gold ano early in the New Year. Not a shameless plug/spam - I have never met him before - just trying to let those who are interested know where to find them. Cheers,

Dennis

HowlerMonkey

Chimp
Nov 2, 2003
Hockeyland
No - I don't mind; just over 130 shipped. I had to have them. Kind of like a smoker with lots of money and there is only one pack of cigarettes to be had. There are always ppl who will say that I paid too much, but it comes down to who's $$ is being spent. Peace.

rhd

Chimp
Oct 30, 2006
god those look painful...........

do you know what the MSRP will be when they're fully released to the public?

rewarder

Chimp
Nov 6, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
hmm I can buy lot of stuff with that!!!
I agree, but the same can be said about a Chris King Headset or a Thomson seatpost. We're all guilty of it, I know I am. But the way I see it, is that these are pedals you'll have for a long time. Just like the King headset that goes from one bike to another.

HowlerMonkey

Chimp
Nov 2, 2003
Hockeyland
Man, innovation doesn't come along for something as simpla as a flat pedal very often - where they are functional and look like that. With winter up here all that I can do is play with the blue ones, but geez, they are gonna be some grippy. Likely need new shoes every couple of weeks hehe. :thumb: