Quantcast

New place to ride in the South

rocketmatt17

Monkey
Sep 10, 2007
So after all the wintry weather and the canceling of a-lot of DH races in the south next year (bummers) I would like to extend an invitation to any riders who would like to come down to my place to ride. I have about 60 acres at my disposal as well as heavy equipment to build anything. I don't have much elevation (think Fatz) so I hesitate to call it a DH course even though there are a few places where a big bike has its advantages. The only thing I ask is that people help build and sign a waiver. Here are a couple of vids of the course. There are also a select few who have already ridden here and can testify to the quality of whats built so far. Anyone who would like to come can reach me at 864-538-9749

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
pretty cool bro that you've got all that to play with. seems like a perfect spot for a 5-6" bike. unless you plan on handing out oxygen masks i'll leave the biggin at home. you sounded out of breath real quick.:D

rocketmatt17

Monkey
Sep 10, 2007
Lake Greenwood SC and yes a 5-6" bike is perfect. It is very easy access form I-26. It takes me about 50 minutes to Greenville and about 1 hour 45 minutes to Asheville

rocketmatt17

Monkey
Sep 10, 2007
I have also thought about having a race if I could get enough interest and some volunteers to help Maybe something to replace the Icycle. I think it could be a fun offseason event, while all the good riding is covered in snow

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
There are also a select few who have already ridden here and can testify to the quality of whats built so far.
This place isn't all it's cracked up to be. KIDDING! KIDDING! KIDDING! What's up Matt! I guess I should feel honored as I am one of the select few.

No seriously, it is a good place run by a great guy!

Loo, if you go, let me know.... I'll meet you there. Matt doesn't live far from me.

Jay

This place isn't all it's cracked up to be. KIDDING! KIDDING! KIDDING! What's up Matt! I guess I should feel honored as I am one of the select few.

No seriously, it is a good place run by a great guy!

Loo, if you go, let me know.... I'll meet you there. Matt doesn't live far from me.

Jay

Okay, always up for laying down new tracks.
I would like to check this place out and the TTC at the end fof january if the weather is good.
Will bring trailbike and moto to cut up to the max......:monkeydance:

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Matt, both Tim and Jay have been trying to get me down there along with your invites. Sorry as the timing just has not been right. I hope to come down and shred some dirt and build with you soon.

Cecil

rocketmatt17

Monkey
Sep 10, 2007
Okay, always up for laying down new tracks.
I would like to check this place out and the TTC at the end fof january if the weather is good.
Will bring trailbike and moto to cut up to the max......
Sounds good Motos are welcome here as well

Matt, both Tim and Jay have been trying to get me down there along with your invites. Sorry as the timing just has not been right. I hope to come down and shred some dirt and build with you soon.
Sounds good man... anytime

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
Looks great. And, you can take a dip afterward. Cool video too. The first one anyway. See you there........tbone
OMG! He Lives! See you there????? I will believe it when I see it. :D

Cecil, I told Matt yesterday that I wanted to go to his place sometime between Dec 30 and Jan 2. You game?

BTW, I am having DH/Mountain/Hill withdrawal. All this flatness is driving me crazy and making me sick to my stomach. LOL!

Last edited:

rocketmatt17

Monkey
Sep 10, 2007
Lets go somewhere with some vert. It can even have some climbing so I can try out my new bike. Besides I have to get in shape for the national championships at beech next year..... Yeah!

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
OMG! He Lives! See you there????? I will believe it when I see it. :D

Cecil, I told Matt yesterday that I wanted to go to his place sometime between Dec 30 and Jan 2. You game?

BTW, I am having DH/Mountain/Hill withdrawal. All this flatness is driving me crazy and making me sick to my stomach. LOL!
I am game for what ever. You know the days I have to ride....

Cecil

rocketmatt17

Monkey
Sep 10, 2007
Kewl! I thought you mentioned the Slayer was next.
They sell out too fast and the timing always seems to be wrong moneywise. So I went with this instead. I was a little worried about tearing up the new slayer as well. Lightweight bikes never seem to last long with my load on them.

rocketmatt17

Monkey
Sep 10, 2007
I did some more building today. Its still a little damp but should be good for the weekend if anyone is interested

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
That was a classic for sure. I think it was hilarious that no one asked if Craig was OK, we all were focused on the bike carnage. I still agree with Cecil, you guys should hang it from a tree.

Good day yesterday, just wish my lungs and sinuses would have been in better shape. I should be back to full force in a week.

Thanks Matt!

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Big thanks to Matt for sharing and showing me your trails yesterday. I think your place has great potential to build more on. I had a lot of fun and will return to hang and ride with such great guys!!!

Cecil:thumb:

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
We had a little time in the dirt today at Matt's place. Reworking the trails and adding in new jump lines. A lot will be built over the next few weeks!!!!

Five Ten's Hard at work!!!

Proper Drainage....

Where do I dig Dads?

Great day digging with the guys and our sons!!!!

Cecil

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
We need to thank the wife's for watching the kids, whether they were at Matt's or even at home watching the kids so we could play in the woods...... or even if they don't have kids. :D

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
Good Point
We don't keep them happy, we won't be doing much of anything on the weekends except for spending time with them. Typically, they let us do what we want, but they can make things very difficult in the process. I thanked mine for hanging out and playing the "Aunt."

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
I thanked mine for hanging out and playing the "Aunt."
Jay, please thank her again for watching over Mason and Matt, thank Amy too!!!!

I have already decided since its been so cold that the next few weekends needs to be focused on what we discussed. I think the changes will be good. I want to spend one or two hrs walking the area Matt and I talked about for the next DH run next Sat morning.

Cecil

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
Not sure I will be able to make it this coming weekend.... we might be spending the whole weekend in Asheville depending on whether or not there's snow on the ground. I'll know more as the weekend gets closer.