Quantcast

New PUSH DHX

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
oh gay, any news of the shock has gone off the push web site. i thought it was supposed to be ready for the market a few weeks after it was posted on littermag? was hoping it would be available in the uk already, but looks like its going to start collecting dust like most of the other never to be seen push products. :(

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
FWIW, I asked about progress on this service on mtbr and learned that PUSH is behind ETAs on current orders, possibly due to a mfg problem regarding the resi bridge.

FWIW #2: sorry if I missed this in the three page derailed thread, but you can get this shock out of a plain new Vanilla as well. You need not send them a DHX.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I forgot to say that it is soo much less firm than what I am used to running but still keeps me up high in my travel. I am used to a very firm suspension and took 4 runs to get used to the buttery-ness while still riding high. I still have lots of tinkering to do before I fully understand this shock but for now I am in suspension heaven and it gets better every run.

The Push mod looks great. It is cool to have so many options.
buckoW,
Any longer term feedback on the RC4 you'd like to share?

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
buckoW,
Any longer term feedback on the RC4 you'd like to share?
I love it! I have been riding it on 2 different frames (Scott Gambler and Voltage FR) and think it is the best thing ever for me. I used to have custom tuned Fox shocks to get the bike to ride how I like it and with the RC4 I have a huge adjustment range so with a pump and some knob turning I can get it to feel exactly how I want.

For July and August there are 25 connected lifts behind my house and my bikes get a severe beating during that time. The trails are rough, steep and fast. I like to run my bikes a fair bit firmer for the most part but there are certain trails that I need it set up a bit softer for grip. I used to have to make a decision about shock setup and stick to it but with the RC4 I can change things on the fly.

I can set it up super firm for charging the G outs and rock gardens or soften it up a bit for the steep and rooty type stuff as well. When I set it up very firm it doesn't spike and encourages me to go faster. I love the wide adjustment range of the RC4.