Quantcast

new rear rotor

c.o.d51

Monkey
Oct 5, 2005
so i'm debating on what rear rotor to get. it's for a mono4, 185mm rotor i believe. right now, i have it down to galfer's wave rotor and hope's gothic rotor. any opinions and/or other suggestions would be great. i can get both of these rotors for the same price, and both are available, so those aren't issues. i'm leaning towards the galfer right now

DIRTWRKS

Monkey
Aug 13, 2003
Canada EH !
I have used Galfers rotors for the last two seasons with Hayes Mag and Avid Juicy brakes and in both cases they out performed the stock rotors and were lower in weight as well, their pads are also excellent and should be used with the rotors foe maximum performance.

Cuervo

Chimp
Jul 22, 2004
Do not buy Galfers. I bought a set and they warp when they heat up under intense prolonged braking. I sent them back to Galfer and they sent me a new pair that did the exact same thing. They warped so bad that they would rub my frame. After they sent me the second set they would not return my phone calls or email. The rear was always the worst. I ended up buying stock hayes and they worked much better. I know people use them and like them but they don't work for me being 170# and riding long DH trails without stopping.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Cuervo said:
Do not buy Galfers. I bought a set and they warp when they heat up under intense prolonged braking. I sent them back to Galfer and they sent me a new pair that did the exact same thing. They warped so bad that they would rub my frame. After they sent me the second set they would not return my phone calls or email. The rear was always the worst. I ended up buying stock hayes and they worked much better. I know people use them and like them but they don't work for me being 170# and riding long DH trails without stopping.
Exactly the same experience. I had some rotors from them i was happy with for a few months. Then one race in particular required long bouts of hard braking. The rotors were obliterated after 1 run. I'm talking a good 1/4 - 1/2" bent in it. Mine were banging the frame and caliper as well.

DIRTWRKS

Monkey
Aug 13, 2003
Canada EH !
Transcend said:
Exactly the same experience. I had some rotors from them i was happy with for a few months. Then one race in particular required long bouts of hard braking. The rotors were obliterated after 1 run. I'm talking a good 1/4 - 1/2" bent in it. Mine were banging the frame and caliper as well.

Wow guys, let go of the brakes, I have had 4 differents sets on four different DH bikes , raced and rode on them hard and never any issues, maybe these were some of their earlier rotors you had problems with ?