New Ride - Orange 224

jungle

Monkey
Jan 11, 2006
That is such a sick bike,
I had a 222 and 223 before my Sunday
but the 224 is awesome.

just for the build
What's the bottom bracket width of the 224 ?
Does the 224 come with ISCG mounting brackets ?
if so, is it the ISCG or ISCG 05 standard ?
and does it run a 150mm x 12mm rear hub ?

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
stubby said:
are you a british citezen by chance?

Now now, you don't have to throw insults :p He might be from a little rural area, but it's not quite the middle of nowhere. ;)

Gold Hill, Colorado

stubby

Turbo Monkey
Mar 5, 2005
Davidson, NC AKA DURTY THIRTY
no insult intended, I live in davidson north carolina, pop. 7000 a little rural area, and im a british citizen. just wondering.
how is boulder also? startin to think about college there.
sick bike btw

biker3

Turbo Monkey
stubby said:
no insult intended, I live in davidson north carolina, pop. 7000 a little rural area, and im a british citizen. just wondering.
sick bike btw
Boulder is great minus the insanely obsessive politically correct, $40,000 out of state tuition for a marginal school and of course the "boulder buddhists". Other than that its a kick ass town, but go somewhere else for college if you're gunna pay that kinda cash.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
biker3 said:
Boulder is great minus the insanely obsessive politically correct, $40,000 out of state tuition for a marginal school and of course the "boulder buddhists". Other than that its a kick ass town, but go somewhere else for college if you're gunna pay that kinda cash.
Uh, Cu boulder has top of the nation programs in a ton of fields and is a highly regarded research university. :rolleyes:

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
Transcend said:
Uh, Cu boulder has top of the nation programs in a ton of fields and is a highly regarded research university. :rolleyes:
No offense Fraser, but you haven't live here in a while have you? or was that a slight hint of sarcasm I detected. You know I'm fast like that. :D
The whole state is upset by CU...nevermind the fact that Elizabeth Hoffman, the (Now Former) president of CU resigned due to alot of incidents that made national news in the U.S.
People who I know, who graduated from CU and are die hard CU Ex students and Fan's have been upset by the board of regents and the tenuring of professors at that school as of late. You may or may not have heard...

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Good things about CU? We have a sick DH team and......

well we have a sick dh team. Ooohh dirt jumps we have those too.

stubby said:
sick bike btw

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
bpatterson6 said:
No offense Fraser, but you haven't live here in a while have you? or was that a slight hint of sarcasm I detected. You know I'm fast like that. :D
The whole state is upset by CU...nevermind the fact that Elizabeth Hoffman, the (Now Former) president of CU resigned due to alot of incidents that made national news in the U.S.
People who I know, who graduated from CU and are die hard CU Ex students and Fan's have been upset by the board of regents and the tenuring of professors at that school as of late. You may or may not have heard...
Political BS happens at every single university, especially private ones. That doesn't, in any way, effect the research and academics. CU is still one of the most highly regarded research universities in the country, no matter what.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Transcend said:
Political BS happens at every single university, especially private ones. That doesn't, in any way, effect the research and academics. CU is still one of the most highly regarded research universities in the country, no matter what.
hmm, i'm gonna guess it affects it a little. Ever heard of funding? I think politics has something to do with that. Natural sciences sure can't do without that. Maybe pussy social sciences can. Politics can also affect the caliber of faculty the university affects, which may or may not have an effect on the research/learning. Politics may affect the course offerings, the graducation requirements, students it draws, etc. I dunno, I heard those are important aspects of a college, I dunno though

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
gemini2k said:
hmm, i'm gonna guess it affects it a little. Ever heard of funding? I think politics has something to do with that. Natural sciences sure can't do without that. Maybe pussy social sciences can. Politics can also affect the caliber of faculty the university affects, which may or may not have an effect on the research/learning. Politics may affect the course offerings, the graducation requirements, students it draws, etc. I dunno, I heard those are important aspects of a college, I dunno though
Hey smartass, you able to show me how CU has fallen from one of the top research universities in the country, to a university not worth going to? I'd like to see that information. :rolleyes:

The regency/coorporation etc is so far removed from the actual faculties that they very VERY rarely effect anything. I've been through 8 years of post secondary education, as well as am close friends with the dean of one of the top medical school in north america. I know a little of what I am talking about.

If you think stuff that makes the local media effects the tenured staff within a year or two, you are sadly mistake.

Also, what's graducation? :rolleyes:

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
First off, whoa with the name calling, i was making general statements about universities, not picking on CU buddy. Second of all, making fun of my spelling? I mean honestly, i'm typing about 80-90 words per minutes here (according the mavis beacon) considering that was my only error in that long of a post, i'm pretty proud. 3rd of all, I made no mention of local media, merely intra-university politics. 4th of all, reputation counts for a lot when students are selecting schools, I can tell you that first had. 5th of all, if you REALLY want me to, I can go drag up an economics study someone pointed out to me about university rankings/reputation and the caliber of professors they draw (based on professors educations). Relax there killer, watch the personal attacks.

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
stubby said:
sick bike btw

I know, I was just joking, hence the smiley. It's like was said earlier, Boulder's nice, if you get around the few completely insane people. I was born here, and it's kinda sad to see how Boulder has evolved. I remember when it still had the small town feel (trhough it really wasn't) and now has become a place where people feel they have to show how much money they make. You have the children of the ex-hippies who've become trustifarians, flaunting that in your face, and generally not bringing any positive to the community. Then you have the (what are now know as hippies) that have evolved into people little better than the street walkers that harass you for money. They're dirty, the harass you, and generally think that they alone know what is best for Boulder, even if they moved here within the last week. To top it off, you have those people who are completely detached from real life, where the biggest thing they have to complain about is a couple college kids moving into their neighborhood (our landlord got a lot of those calls). Don't get me wrong, I like Boulder, but I think that it is evolving for the worse, and a lot of the people I know who, like me, were born here and haven't already left, are considering their options, and making the move elsewhere.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Brick Howse knows what he's talking about. Boulder has it's good sides, but the longer I stay here the more I just feel as though it is inundated by bull****. It's a bizarre mix of people who are trying to look rich (frat boys), people who are rich and trying to look poor (trustifarians), and people who are poor and trying to make you feel bad for being rich (beggars). Everything and everyone feels staggeringly disingenuous. People act like Boulder is a funky, earthy town, but the fact of the matter is this place is just as materialistic and corporate as anywhere. Also, no one here can drive their way out of a paper bag, it's like a competition to see who can go the slowest. On the plus side, there is an awesome bike scene, lots of good food, great weather, and great scenery. CU has its ups and downs as well. As Fraser said, many departments are quite good and well respected. On the other hand some other departments, mostly in the liberal arts school, are a total joke. This may be the case everywhere, I have no basis for comparison.