Quantcast

New rig; Knolly Delirium or Uzzi VP (sorry in advance)

Dec 20, 2009
I know these threads are hated!
I'd just rather get some opinions before I drop a ton of coin on a new frame.

I have two choices currently for my bike for this year. A 2011 Knolly Delirium, or a 2009 Intense Uzzi VP.
The Uzzi was ridden for a few rides, the Knolly brand new. The Uzzi comes with the shock/headset and is $200 less than the Knolly.

Has anyone ridden both frames?
Any comments or qualms?
I ride a little of everything, leaning more to the FR side, and the bike will be set up with Saint/SLX cranks/Fox Van 180.
I pedal up. Not a lot of resort riding.

Google word fight has the Intense winning.

Wa-Aw

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Philippines
Used to own an Uzzi. It's a good bike, not an amazing bike. Light. Pedals decent. DHX 4 stock shock sucks. It's very flexy, i mean that in a not-nit-picking kind of way. It takes big hits quite well. Head angle could stand to be slacker.

If it were my choice I'd go knolly hands down. I've seen one in person, raw. It's gorgeous. People say it's an excellent all rounder with bias towards the free ride side. Solid, stiff - i doubt this is hype due to knolly's heritage. It's dream bike material. The only thing the Uzzi has over the DT is weight. If you were comparing it to the new 2012 uzzi it would be a tougher decision, but would probably still go knolly.

local717

Monkey
Apr 11, 2010
Mt.Gretna/Lancaster
I have a knolly dt that's been my daily driver bike (because it's between my dh and xc bikes) since 08. It's super solid, has great riding characteristics, great geo but, the weight is high. But, they pedal so well it's not an issue unless you only ride on the internet.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
brand new frame, two years newer for $200 more? That's tough to beat. A shock will probably run between 2-300, so call it $400 more...

I'd go with the knolly if you're more DH oriented, uzzi if you think you'll be doing more AM riding.

Dec 20, 2009
Yeah, that's the way I was leaning too. I'd always thought the Uzzi was sexy though, and it's been on my dream list for a while.
It works out to a little more than $400 more, if you factor in the headset, seat post, clamp, etc.

Does anyone here who's owned one know if they have 12mm rear axles? I know stock is QR but I've read a few places that they also have thru axle options.