Quantcast

New Salsa el merriachi...

dtrek4500

Chimp
Aug 3, 2008
Troy, New York
Hey guys, some of you on here may remember me from the monkey fest in july, I was the guy who's redline monocog got put in the rafters above the kitchen in the lodge. So I finally had the 29er bug bite me. I plain to build this up over the winter,and hopefully have it ready to go in the spring. Well enjoy the pics, and I can't wait to get it going.
Dave c

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
I have the same color El Mariachi for my commuter bike. Good frame as well as visible. 6+ inches of fresh powder on the ground this morning so I got some strange looks on the way in.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Tomatillo Green for the Win Baby!!

Nice frame.

I like that color - it is one you don't see quite as much with the El Mariachi's it seems.

Ride the snot out of it.

dtrek4500

Chimp
Aug 3, 2008
Troy, New York
Thanks, can't wait to get it going, and it is true that this is one of the colors you don't see much. Did salsa in 07 offer the el mer in a variety of different colors, as it looks like the 08 just has it in the red. Man, it sucks we got hit with a big ice storm last night, and we haven't had power for the whole day, and we think that we won't have it till the end of the weekend. Thank God that we have a generator. Well, all of you have a good weekend.
Dave

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Nice! I love the "old" El Mariachi. In my opinion, they are some of the most beautiful 29ers out there. Espacially like the triangle at the ST, TT and rear stays junction.

Post pics when completed!

dtrek4500

Chimp
Aug 3, 2008
Troy, New York
very nice.. does your wife let it sleep with you at night???

any thoughts on the build?
Well, don't have to worry about that part yet, as I don't have a wife yet, but I would talk her into it if I did. I also agree with zoro, this is one really unique looking frame, and it must be really strong with those extra gussets. You guys will be one of the fist ones to see it getting built up over time. Can't wait till I get the money to get my ck wheel set built up. I am also thinking of going the tubeless route, as I am really starting to get sick of tubes. I am also going to go with the customary ck headset along with the Thompson stem and seat post. For the fork I am going to stay with the cromo fork that came with it, and then eventually get either a a carbon fork, or a fox if I could swing that. I am also going to build it as a single speed from the start, and then maybe over time get parts to run it as a 1x9 setup if I would like. That is the beauty of the eccentric bottom bracket. Stay tuned.

Last edited:

tfree120

Chimp
Jun 11, 2007
Towson
Is there a lot of mud clearance for the rear tire between the chain stays? I got a voodoo but might retire it for a salsa like yours.