Quantcast

new scott dh rigs

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
Who cares about Scott DH bikes, when you can have the new Steve DH. I heard Tom is coming out with a few FR bike, and Eric bikes have a new street hardtail with 17 top tubes.

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
Who cares about Scott DH bikes, when you can have the new Steve DH. I heard Tom is coming out with a few FR bike, and Eric bikes have a new street hardtail with 17 top tubes.
It's got 18 top tubes actually... it's modeled after the crescent of a snail shell... super low standover... flickable... pop...

Sincerely,

Eric

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
The only thing comming out of Brazil should be Bella da Semana!

About the Gambler, I found the two different dropouts to be the most interesting. Usually frame builders only change the size on the front triangle but don't match the rear triangle to a smaller size aswell. How the hell is a person with short legs going to get the same weight over the rear wheel as a normal or taller person?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
wow....It looks like a bad drawing of Iceman from the X-Men or a still frame from Terminator 3.

I need a barf bag. 1 shock, 3 different travel settings. Am I wrong to believe that will mean...3 different leverage ratios?

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
It's still a single pivot but with a desmultiplier that's all, I find it "fun", looks... em jumpable? jajaja whistler maybe? looks nice to my eyes

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
They called it the GAMBLER!! HAHAHAHAHA.

Does it come with any Kenny Roger's records?

n00dlez

Chimp
Apr 4, 2007
Woodbridge, New Jersey
Scotts always remind me of something you'd find in a transformer cartoon, I don't like them very much....though it WOULD be pretty bad ass if your bike transformed in optimus prime....:cheers:

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Hey Guys,

I worked a lot on the geo and suspension of the Gambler. The bike has a 240mm eye to eye/ 3" stroke shock and at 190mm, 210mm or 230mm of rear travel the leverage ratios are good. It is a very progressive and super stiff feeling bike with NO weld under the top tube thanks to the integrated gusset design.

The main and swinglink pivots attach to the front triangle on the same forged/monocoque "box" section so there is nothing but a super stiff rear end. Just behind the head tube the frame curves inward to help turning radius with double crown forks in switchbacks or tabletops.

Chainstay lengths are 430 or 440 mm with the 2 different dropouts. The head tube is adjustable from 64 to 66 degrees so you can fine tune the bike for your style of riding as well as what terrain you ride. There are 2 frame sizes in a short or long version with the same standover height. I personally run the short frame with the short dropouts and the 64 degree HA and 190mm in the back with a DHX air. Here in Switzerland the trails are generally steep and tech. If you know what you like as far as geo and travel goes, this bike lets you dial it in for each need.
1st Proto

Action shots
Champery, Switzerland WC 4x track

Chatel, France bike park

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
see..those are the useful things you like to know about why a frame looks like it does. Good info brother.

Oh...and if I didn't know better I'd say those are pungee sticks in that creek gap. Do or Die!

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Here are some pics of the new one.

those are CR1 carbon seatstays which are only on the top of the line DH race model. They are only 50 grams lighter but loads stiffer than the aluminum seatstays.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
thanks for the pics and write up buckoW. i now some what actually like it