Quantcast

New Shimano Saint!

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Looks like the same design that Magura has used for years.

The Maguras are pretty hard to setup comfortably. I had to adjust the position and reach a whole bunch of times to get them where I like it.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
That I don't know but I didn't like the lever feel on the Louise.
You mean the shape or the action. I like my louise a lot. I have the BAT alloy though I would prefer no BAT or at least no dial - maybe just a bolt instead.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
I'm absolutely in love with my Formulas, in fact I'm getting a second set for my Slalom bike and might even get a set for my XC bike. But we did get in an 08 Scott Ransom Demo bike in the shop and it has the new Servo-wave XTs and they feel awesome. They are the first Shimano part in a few years that I've actually praised. Shimano is definitely on the right track with their new parts.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
And if they didn't solve this issue yourself and others would be saying "WTF Shimano. This is a problem you knew about and didn't fix. Screw u I'm not buying these cranks." Damned if you do, damned if you don't! There are chainguides the work and other quick, painless ways around the problem. Suck it up princess!

-ska todd
Yeah, and other better solutions like Raceface's old replaceable tabs option... it's not rocket surgery, and if no bashguard-surface-using chainguides will work with them, that's at least 50% of the chainguide market gone right there, and it's not like people buying Saint cranks and the like aren't the ones also the ones buying chainguides.

Oct 14, 2007
I don't know if anyone noticed...but amidst some subtle differences, the crank is basically re branded with a new front facing logo... and for the brakes, I mean the "trent" is 4 piston brakes..Codes...up & coming Hayes...I don't know i don't wanna start this again, but both these brakes have simply just inspired themselves from hope...but hope is considered "foreign" and is in most cases omitted

don't get me wrong I'll most likely rock the saint since i already have the shadow and i doubt it will last
but for the rest

I'll think about it

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I don't know if anyone noticed...but amidst some subtle differences, the crank is basically re branded with a new front facing logo... and for the brakes, I mean the "trent" is 4 piston brakes..Codes...up & coming Hayes...I don't know i don't wanna start this again, but both these brakes have simply just inspired themselves from hope...but hope is considered "foreign" and is in most cases omitted

don't get me wrong I'll most likely rock the saint since i already have the shadow and i doubt it will last
but for the rest

I'll think about it
hopes feel great. however, knowing that not every single bike mechanic at the shop or trailside knows how to work on them...let alone quick and easy access to parts for them...that is another story.