Quantcast

New shock, pushed van RC or new 2014 vivid

EVIL JN

Monkey
Jul 24, 2009
Title says it all really. I am looking for a new shock that is a good bang for buck and not to many bucks either, so a decently cheap option and decently good performance. This is only a backup shock so no CCDB, BOS etc since the main shock i use on the v10 is a CCDB. I do have all the right springs for the vivid since that is what is getting replaced so that one is a little ahead. But then again I am not nearly fast enough for the vivid so RS might deny me buying one........

The shock will mostly be used on my spare Scalp bike but also my v10 every now and then. Maybe kind of pointess to go for a push tune then? It wont see overly much use on either bike so maybe that defeats the purpose of spending coin on custom tuning, especially since the two bikes are quite unlike.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Push kit used to be more than a custom tune so that's a nice option. That or buy a clapped out swinger/5th and send it to avy.

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
That or buy a clapped out swinger/5th and send it to avy.
The Vivid springs are too big for this, but otherwise I totally agree. My "backup" shock I decided to get was a RC4, then I had some extra and sent it to Craig. Now it's my primary shock...

Keep your eyes out for an AVY shock, then send it to get valved how you need. Your Vivid springs will fit it fine.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
On that note: make sure if you do find a used Avalanche shock, make sure it's cheap enough so getting a rebuild and buying new reducers for it will be cost effective.