Quantcast

New shuttle vehicle!!!

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Just picked up this puppy over the weekend.
My old SUV was on its last legs. I'm not sure it would make the trip "up the hill" to Bigbear w/o overheating. No worries now though!!

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
hope u got the 6, cus the 8 eats gas, my dad has a sr5 with small suiside doors, 120 k miles, and the oild still comes out crystal clear. also he gets around 21 mpg with the tail gate down on the high way.

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Originally posted by Acadian
Is that the SR5 or the LTD? NICE!!!

The manager of my bike shop just picked up one of those, white SR5...frekking hot man!

congrats!!
LTD w/ leather and sunroof.
:thumb:

No DVD though, that was a little overkill. Although it would have been sweet to be able to watch biking vids while being shuttled to the top of the trail.;)

I really like the grey b/c I think it will hide the dirt best.

Any you ho-mos write in the dirt on my truck... I kill you.:devil:

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Originally posted by Brian HCM#1
Damn Jeff, Mr. $ man;) New place, 2 new cars I'm jealous.
Actually, with the lease we got, our payment is about the same as my old POS.
And our mortgage is about HALF of what I was paying in rent in SF.

btw, I just got off the phone with this woman in our pleasanton office that lives RIGHT near you. After you turn at 7-11, you make a left instead of a right.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by -BB-
Actually, with the lease we got, our payment is about the same as my old POS.
And our mortgage is about HALF of what I was paying in rent in SF.

btw, I just got off the phone with this woman in our pleasanton office that lives RIGHT near you. After you turn at 7-11, you make a left instead of a right.
Cool, you driving that bad boy down here for opening weekend @ N*?

RideND

Monkey
Nov 1, 2003
Mandan, ND
I was watching some Car and Driver today and they had a five pickup showdown. I believe that one took 4th but it was very close to second. They said the hands down winner though was the Nissan Titan and it was the cheapest (I thought the nicest, too). Nice truck though man.
________
Uggs

Last edited:

retrofred

Monkey
Jan 18, 2002
canyon country, Ca.
that is a nice truck, double tundra. all you need now is a lift and some trd stuff and you'll be set. at the dealer i work we can get some pretty sweet stuff for that thing. let me know and i'll email you a list of stuff available for it, including wheel and tire packages.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Originally posted by RideND
I was watching some Car and Driver today and they had a five pickup showdown. I believe that one took 4th but it was very close to second. They said the hands down winner though was the Nissan Titan and it was the cheapest (I thought the nicest, too). Nice truck though man.
Yes but the tundra has the best ride and is going to last longer and hold it's value better than everything out there. The titan may be nice but isn't proven. That's the first year nissan made the engine or anything that size for that matter.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
now you just need the trd blower on it. man my new runners got one and it is frickin fast, fast enough to take a wrx with my fuel mods that i did. check out yotatech.com and let the moeny start flowing, you think biking expensive and addicting wait till you start with your truck

mtnbikej

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
So. CAL.
Originally posted by RideND

What, like this one:

mtnbikej

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I am in the process of selling my 2002, 4 door, V8, Dakota so that I can buy a new Titan V8, 4 door. I am just waiting for the Titan to come out with the electric locker in the rear. The locker is suppose to be out any day on the offroad package. Then a front leveling kit and 33s. I can hardly wait.

Nice Toyota by the way. I just want a little more get up and go. I couldn't decide between the F150, Titan, and Toyota till I drove them all. The Titan is pretty fast. On the other hand the Toyota has the sweet roll down rear window. Man I still think I want hte Titan.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
the nissan is just a ford...i dont see what the big point is about it.

DHanamal

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Boulder, CO
Originally posted by Kanter
I am in the process of selling my 2002, 4 door, V8, Dakota so that I can buy a new Titan V8, 4 door. I am just waiting for the Titan to come out with the electric locker in the rear. The locker is suppose to be out any day on the offroad package. Then a front leveling kit and 33s. I can hardly wait.

Nice Toyota by the way. I just want a little more get up and go. I couldn't decide between the F150, Titan, and Toyota till I drove them all. The Titan is pretty fast. On the other hand the Toyota has the sweet roll down rear window. Man I still think I want hte Titan.
Titans should have the lockers at the dealers very soon. Man I wish I could trade my rig in. My 2002 Frontier Crew cab will have to suffice for now. :(

Argonzero

Chimp
Nov 25, 2002
Garden Grove
Heres mine, I just got it about 5 weeks ago. Its a Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD double cab, top of the line. Its a 27k truck, but it was on sale for 23!!! I can't wait for my Evil to ship so i can start hauling it around! =D

Argonzero

Attachments

Argonzero

Chimp
Nov 25, 2002
Garden Grove
By the way, this is my friends 42K Limited Double Cab Tundra... stuck lol. Yea, 4700 lbs of truck doesn't work well with mud and street tires. At least he got the limited slip rear and 4x4, so other then the deep mud it was doing pretty well.

Attachments

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I am trading the Dakota in the second the dealer has a Titan with the locker. The Titan has a 5 speed auto and the F150 has a 4 speed auto. The Titan is lighter by almost 600 lbs and has more horsepower and torque. The Titan does the 1/4 mile in the low 15s while the F150 is in the high 17 second range. I guess I am just a speed freak. The Nissan also has the tool box on the side, which will be nice for spare bike parts and some tools.

The Toyota on the other hand will have the highest resale and probably reliability but I never have my vehicles for more than 3-5 years.

I really like the Dakota but man have I had problems with it and it only had 40k miles. I have done a lot of research and testing and I think the Titan is my favorite but the Toyota is a close second with the F150 in 3rd.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by Kanter
I am trading the Dakota in the second the dealer has a Titan with the locker. The Titan has a 5 speed auto and the F150 has a 4 speed auto. The Titan is lighter by almost 600 lbs and has more horsepower and torque. The Titan does the 1/4 mile in the low 15s while the F150 is in the high 17 second range. I guess I am just a speed freak. The Nissan also has the tool box on the side, which will be nice for spare bike parts and some tools.

The Toyota on the other hand will have the highest resale and probably reliability but I never have my vehicles for more than 3-5 years.

I really like the Dakota but man have I had problems with it and it only had 40k miles. I have done a lot of research and testing and I think the Titan is my favorite but the Toyota is a close second with the F150 in 3rd.
Get a Chevy or GMC.

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
Originally posted by Brian HCM#1
Get a Chevy or GMC.

Wow, thanks Brian, America needs some support here. Id never buy anything but an American truck (fords dont count). I wouldnt ever buy a Japanese pickup, come on, Japan is full of really tiny stupid looking cars, they dont even know what pickups are, so why buy one made there.

Silverado or Sierra all the way :thumb:

(i know, call me an ignorant American or a redneck if ya want)

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by ViolentVolante
Wow, thanks Brian, America needs some support here. Id never buy anything but an American truck (fords dont count). I wouldnt ever buy a Japanese pickup, come on, Japan is full of really tiny stupid looking cars, they dont even know what pickups are, so why buy one made there.

I love my Chevy Z-71 4x4 extended cab, comfy leather heated seats, On-Star (no subscription) CD, power everything:thumb:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

I wouldn't buy crap, but that is just me. Our 1998 Dodge Ram 4x4 was crap. **** shouldn't just fall apart at 70,000. That was a "testing the waters" move on our part, after having bought japanese cars and trucks for a long time. Any time we tried to do that over the years, we got burned. We get tired of getting burned. You obviouisly don't know about the big industrial equipment that they make in japan, yeah it doesn't get over here, but they know what they are doing.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by Jm_
I wouldn't buy crap, but that is just me. Our 1998 Dodge Ram 4x4 was crap. **** shouldn't just fall apart at 70,000. That was a "testing the waters" move on our part, after having bought japanese cars and trucks for a long time. Any time we tried to do that over the years, we got burned. We get tired of getting burned.
Thats a Dodge, my Durango was the biggest POS on the face of the planet...........Period!!!!! We are talking GM products here.

J.R.B

Chimp
Nov 6, 2001

Aren't all the Nissan and Toyota trucks made in the USA?

The company I work for supplies brake and power steering assemblies to the Nissan truck plant in Alabama (I think, if not Alabama, in the SE portion of the States). We also do lots of brake/powersteering parts for Honda, which even though is heavy in Japanese design and engineering, alot of the vehicles for the North American market is pretty much made/assembled in North America.
I also remember reading the Toyota full size trucks were assembled in Texas.

Sure there is Japanese engineering going into the design of the vehicles, but I'm almost sure that it's American's that are putting them together.

mtnbikej

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
So. CAL.

I believe my Titan is built right here in the heartland of America.

On another note, Chrysler builds ****ty ass vehicles. Sold my Jeep to buy the Titan. 165K miles......2 transmissions, heads, bad paint, cracked manifolds, constant oil leak. And the damn thing rattled with every bump it hit.

mtnbikej

thomas

Chimp
May 12, 2002
EMEA Googleplex
kinda ot: anybody tried the volkswagen touareg yet (guess only the v8 is on sale in the states right know, but the v10 tdi should be on sale later this year)

nother question: how is the porsche cayenne selling in california?

Thomas

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Originally posted by DHanamal
Nissan Titans and Armadas are assembled in Canton, Mississippi. Their engines are assembled Decherd, Tennessee.
And my Chevy was assembled in Mexico. Just because you are "buying american" doesn't mean you are supporting american jobs. My next truck will be a Toy or a Nissan.

Booker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Louisville, KY
Originally posted by buildyourown
And my Chevy was assembled in Mexico. Just because you are "buying american" doesn't mean you are supporting american jobs. My next truck will be a Toy or a Nissan.
Yep. My 2003 Nissan Frontier was built in Smyrna, Tennessee.