Quantcast

New Single Speed - again

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
So this past weekend I was out getting some MTB miles in - about 20 miles into my ride I noticed my bike making a strange noise - one of those noise that I've heard before.
So I finished up my ride and sprayed my bike off - just what I thought - crack in the frame.. not a big one but enough that I noticed it.

So in the past 5 years every year I have had to replace my Kona XC frame... I'm done - They have been great about replacing it but I'm tired of having to get use to a new bike every year.

So after doing a little investigation I have decided on a new Single Speed Frame. Voodoo Wanga

Can't beat the candy apple red - Also picked up a new Chris King head set and a new set of sexy single speed cranks.... I'll build the rest with my old parts..

Frame should be here in about 3 weeks so I'll post up the build after that....

spec-rider88

Monkey
Oct 22, 2006
St.Leonard, MD
Mancil, dude, way to cramp my style lol. I just built up my Wanga last Friday, and didn't think I'd see another one in SoMD. I bought the complete version w/ the rigid fork because it was cheaper than just the frame (one of our wholesalers was havin a sale). Haven't had it on the trail yet, but hopefully will this weekend. I'm diggin mine so far, and I think you'll have much better luck with this frame. May go to Rosaryville on Saturday if the weather stays decent, so let me know if you'd be down

-David

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Mancil, dude, way to cramp my style lol. I just built up my Wanga last Friday, and didn't think I'd see another one in SoMD. I bought the complete version w/ the rigid fork because it was cheaper than just the frame (one of our wholesalers was havin a sale). Haven't had it on the trail yet, but hopefully will this weekend. I'm diggin mine so far, and I think you'll have much better luck with this frame. May go to Rosaryville on Saturday if the weather stays decent, so let me know if you'd be down

-David
Well you don't have to worry - BTI was on back order for weeks and weeks - so I ditched it and picked up a new Gunnar - with color of the month blue. "SHOULD" be here next week. I'm freaking dying for an XC ride..... I miss the trails so much I'm even thinking about riding my downhill bike around the lake.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Nice build...I am looking down trail for a new SS, and the Gunnar is on the short list.
I've logged a ton of miles and this frame is awesome - It's so stiff - I don't feel any flex when hammering uphill or railing the turns. Amazing bike so far - I guess all thats left to find out is if she will hold up over time.

That looks awesome.

What's the gearing?
Started with 2X1 34-17 because I hadn't been on a mtb in awhile - but after a week I dropped to 34-16 - feel the burn