Quantcast

New Slalom Bike

dhrace507

Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Mountains
I know this is not "downhill" material, but I think lots of DH guys like slalom and 4X stuff, so here is a pic of Turner's new slalom bike. I've had one day on it and it's better than the last one. Shorter chainstays, mainly, 3.5 inches of travel instead of 3. It's dope. It weighs under 30 pounds, even with the 36 up front. The new DHR will be built up Wednesday, I'll post a pic of that after the Otter.

Attachments

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
I would love to see some actual #s (bb height, angles) for the DHR. Also curious as to how much smaller the frame is this year...seems that at 6' the med is now too small, but the large is big (with too long of a headtube)...

dhrace507

Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Mountains
I rode the large today, and it's definitely not too big for someone 6 feet tall. The headtube isn't that long, and the front end felt low with a 40 at 8 inches of travel. (this is coming from someone who ran everything as low as possible last year on the dhr with e-13 flush mount reducer cups)

_*sTiTcHeS*_

Monkey
Apr 24, 2006
are you kidding? under 30lbs... my god that is a race bike if i ever saw one. i wouldn't feel safe on a bike less than 30lbs. i almost shat my pants comming off a regular ol jump when i finished lightening up my hardtail to 32lbs... ahha didn't think she'd withstand the impact!

thejames

Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
austin
is that a new road frame box i see in the back? Colnago maybe? The bike looks bad ass, can not wait to see the dhr soon.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
ef the DHR in this thread, give it a unique one... OH SNAP, there already is one.

as for the slalom bike above, NICE! any numbers on it? sub 30 sounds nuts.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
wentz long time no talk/see. hope all is well. good luck with the 819's. the 2 times i have run them they are wayy to flexy for me and throw me off line pretty easily