Quantcast

New Terrain Park Features

Apr 26, 2008
Looking from Village DH back up to Park Connector, over new 30' table.

Another angle, showing the option to hit the table and continue down Village DH.

Big new berm with step down just out of frame on the left.

Looking down on the same, notice dirt lip to grass step down.

All the rain should help provide the best conditions of the season for this coming weekend!

ShawnB

Chimp
Nov 3, 2004
Nice pics Ryan. I wonder if the mule could make the 30' table top?Hmmm.
Did you work in the drop that crosses the big step up? It looked like you had a little wooden ladder sitting there. Can't wait to ride again.

Basher

Monkey
May 8, 2007
Hicktown, NC
Went up Aug. 2nd and as usual there where some new features. The step down after the big berm from the above pics was open. And heres a few pics one is the step down that was opened about mid day. Great line - Step down(road gap) to mucho sweet right hander berm to wood step down to big left hand berm to step down to big gap left of the lift.
Tosh26W80208.JPG
Tosh sending the first step down on Park Connector
Bash26Wstepdown.JPG
Wood step down with a good gap and sweet line into it.

Tryin to figure out the LH hip, this resulted in a nice pile up.
Bash26LHhip.JPG

Last section of face break with a Super tight LH switch back.
BashFacebreak1.JPG
BashlowerFaceBreak.JPG

I still haven't been able to get myself to send the road gap on face break but did finally connect the two gap before it so maybe next time. Props to everyone involved up there Ryan and the locals are doing a fantastic job. They just need mucho support from the rest of us.

Last edited:

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Fvck yeah Basher - those 2 doubles on face break are insane! You had to be moving after hitting both in a row. The road gap on that trail is starting to form a low line which will definitely be the line of choice so you can land straight. I rode the trail on Sunday - it was really fun and definitely the most technical trail on the mountain. I've also got lots of pics that I will post up shortly.

Basher

Monkey
May 8, 2007
Hicktown, NC
Yeah man you def. have the speed needed for the road gap after clearing those 2 gaps. How about the table to RH hip down into the woods on Yo-B,that's another sweet line. Looks like the next time Ill be able to get up there is on the 21st. I'd like to make the 28th and check out the new trial but got a friend getting scammed on the 27th in Greesnboro so don't know if I'll make it.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
I'm excited to go again. I think I'm going to make Friday afternoon my end of week ritual since he does a discounted price from 5-8.

Some action shots:

OffCamber

Monkey
May 27, 2005
Loxahatchee, Fl
This was the second time I have been in the last month (from Florida). The place continues to get better. We were going to ride again Sun. but my Bro jacked his arm up on the step-up. Byron good seeing you again, Kenan sorry I missed ya on Sun., Ryan keep up the good work. I love the riding but the atmosphere is the best. Lots of fun, see you in October.

Basher

Monkey
May 8, 2007
Hicktown, NC
Good seein you too Don. Don't think you guys would have been too happy with the ride we went on Sunday. Around 20 miles with LOTS of climbing but LOTS of DH too and it was a new trail to all of us. Epic day for sure.
Cecil not sure about the race. After traveling all day and night on Friday don't think I'm gonna feel like spending the time or money to get out there the the next day, it'll be about a $200 trip for me. I can stay local for about $60 and haul some more lumber up to 26W. The pics look great and I'd like to make but will just have to see how thing go. If I can ride with someone from round here or get someone to ride with me and split the fuel then I may be able to make it.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Good seein you too Don. Don't think you guys would have been too happy with the ride we went on Sunday. Around 20 miles with LOTS of climbing but LOTS of DH too and it was a new trail to all of us. Epic day for sure.
Cecil not sure about the race. After traveling all day and night on Friday don't think I'm gonna feel like spending the time or money to get out there the the next day, it'll be about a $200 trip for me. I can stay local for about $60 and haul some more lumber up to 26W. The pics look great and I'd like to make but will just have to see how thing go. If I can ride with someone from round here or get someone to ride with me and split the fuel then I may be able to make it.
Jeff and John are racing. Ride down with them. They are staying at my place I think. You are more than welcome man...

carseatcivic

Chimp
Dec 27, 2006
armpit of America
Man, these pictures almost have me convinced on a road trip. I just keep seeing the same section of trail. Is 26 west packed full of this stuff or will I be boared if I spend the weekend there?

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Man, these pictures almost have me convinced on a road trip. I just keep seeing the same section of trail. Is 26 west packed full of this stuff or will I be boared if I spend the weekend there?

It's a small mountain but you could ride there for a whole weekend. If you're worried about getting bored, throw in some Pisgah riding and you've got the perfect getaway.

Basher

Monkey
May 8, 2007
Hicktown, NC
The more you ride the trails and start connecting everything the better it gets. It's a super chill atmosphere so I thinkg you could easily spend a weekend and have great time.

Crazy Legs

Chimp
Jul 7, 2004
Greenville
Looks like you are adding some great features up there Ryan, keep up the great work! I hope to make a trip up in the next couple of weeks!

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Cecil - sssshhhhh...Ryan created this thread to advertise his new features. Don't be stealing his customers away. Use the PM feature! :clue:
I would not do that my friend. I want him to succeed!!! I have been pushing the the park down here in greenville a lot to riders I run into on the trails No one knows about it down here. The guys I talk to on the trails down here say they want to go check it out soon.

Plus Ryan is a sonsor of the race down here.

DHPeteinSC

Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
In the KY (jelly) E-town
[QUOTE I hate to pester, but I still want one of those glow-in-the-dark green 26W t-shirts!!!! keep up the good work![/QUOTE]

Ryan, you should set up a store on your website. I would pay good money for one of those shirts, as would many other I bet. Let me know how much dude!!