DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
San Diego area, California USA

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
What's to be gained by meetina ANSI and SNELL? I know, stronger, but when was the last time one of you actually structurally damaged a full face? (Let the pictures begin?). I got a concussion in my 661, and that wasn't the helmet's fault. I'm sure it saved me from much worse damage, and it didn't get visibly damaged structurally. Anyway, my new Pro Bravo looks better than those :)
hahaha. well i cracked a d2 back in november and knocked myself senseless:bonk:

I am not sure if the T.H.E. helmet is a rebadged version of OGK helmet or not, but this is the OGK DH-Beta (950g/2.09lbs, 39900yen/~$340USD) which is made in Japan and both DOT and SNELL approved for bicycle standards. The now out of production limited edition Greg Minnar version is the same thing but painted in GM colors and came with a pretty neat-o looking helmet bag.
They also make a carbon composite version called the DH-Gamma (1010g/2.22lbs, 24150yen/~$205) which is also DOT and SNELL approved.

OGK also makes a carbon fiber motocross helmet (FF-MR)which came out the same time as the DH-Beta in Spring 2005. This helmet is also DOT and SNELL approved for motorcross standards. Both the bicycle and motocross versions have removable cheek pads and liner for ease of washing.

Unfotunately, I do not know of any offical importer for either of these carbon helmets as both of these came from Japan directly.

Attachments

Here are the older OGK full face helmets.

1) Their first carbon full face helmet, the DH-R, which came out in 2001.

2) Their 2nd version of their carbon which had Kevlar intertwined with the carbon to make it lighter and stronger. They used both red and yellow kevlar to produce two models. The one shown here is the DH-KR, whereas the yellow version was called DH-KY.

Attachments