Quantcast

New to Area

vogey40

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Puyallup WA
Hi everyone. Im new to the area just moved to Puyallup from Ky. I am looking for some people to ride with. Would any of you mind showing a new guy around. I ride a banshee scream rite now.

I am also looking for a nice bike shop in the area to get my bike tuned up and I need to get a new xc bike as well.

Thanks

Scott

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
As for riding you have to go hit up SST for sure! But you might wanna find someone who live near you to help ya find it (kinda tricky if you dont know where it is)

vogey40

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Puyallup WA
DBR X6 RIDER said:
What kind of riding are you into? By the way, welcome to the PacNW!!

Rite now all I have is a DH bike. Thats my favorite type of riding but I am going to get a new xc bike soon

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Cool. There's some DH/FR trails around, but they're of the hush-hush nature. You're not too far from Lake Sawyer/Black Diamond. Mostly XC, but a fun ride all the same. For sure hit up SST - at the very least, you'll meet up with some people that know more of those trails. Just north of the border lies some of the greatest trails known to mankind.
Tons of XC opportunities around for sure. Especially when the snow melts at higher elevations.:dancing:

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
You won't get much info on the boards in regards to the trails. SST is a park directly south of Sea Tac Airport on 200th Ave S. About 10 miles of regular singletrack - good for killing a couple/few hours. Also a small flowpark in the southwest corner of the park. Even a dirtjump area if that's your thing.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
to get to sst go to 200th street exit going south on I-5, past airport. go stait tough the light and then strait tough the next one, down the hill, at the bottom of the hill theres a parking spot across from the golf course. go on a weekend and there will be lots of people to show you the way, if not its not that hard to find.

Are you into freeride? jumps, stepdowns and ladders? What days do you have off? I am going to sst on monday after work about 3 or so. I am down to ride sunday, mon and tues.

zaphod1

Monkey
Oct 7, 2004
great mills md
vogey40 said:
Rite now all I have is a DH bike. Thats my favorite type of riding but I am going to get a new xc bike soon[/QUOdude whats up on the west coast, hows the moto working out for you, i got some flow for you i think im gonna try and give it to drew to transfer to you. oh yea happy easter i'll give you a buzz later

vogey40

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Puyallup WA
zaphod1 said:
vogey40 said:
Rite now all I have is a DH bike. Thats my favorite type of riding but I am going to get a new xc bike soon[/QUOdude whats up on the west coast, hows the moto working out for you, i got some flow for you i think im gonna try and give it to drew to transfer to you. oh yea happy easter i'll give you a buzz later
The moto works great having a lot of fun with that. Havent ridden on the west coast yet as far as mtb goes. That the reason for the thred.