Quantcast

New to Orange

korked7

Monkey
Aug 8, 2002
Park City, Utah, USA
Hey... i just moved to Orange about 3 weeks ago and im looking for people to ride DH with. I've heard alot about Laguna Hills and Oakley but i dont kno whow to get there. if someone wants to go ride sometime i'd be way stoked. im itchin to ride really bad so just get at me and we'll ride.

mtnbikej

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
So. CAL.
korked7 said:
Hey... i just moved to Orange about 3 weeks ago and im looking for people to ride DH with. I've heard alot about Laguna Hills and Oakley but i dont kno whow to get there. if someone wants to go ride sometime i'd be way stoked. im itchin to ride really bad so just get at me and we'll ride.

korked7 huh?......that is yer nickname. Any particular meaning?

mtnbikej :) :)

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
I'll be happy to show you around the Laguna area sometime. My work schedule sucks, but it's still light out fairly late.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
I'd PM Rabie. He's local to orange (he doesn't like to refer to it as OC and is bitter about The OC and Laguna Beach shows).

He likes to organize big production group rides in Laguna so he's the guy to get in touch with. He can be a lil militant but he's coo.

rooftest

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
OC, CA
Is there really a show called Laguna Beach now?

And nobody local calls it "the OC" - that's like "'Frisco" for the bay area or "Cali" - nobody from these places would say something dumb like that.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
rooftest said:
Is there really a show called Laguna Beach now?

And nobody local calls it "the OC" - that's like "'Frisco" for the bay area or "Cali" - nobody from these places would say something dumb like that.
Welcome to The OC. Soon enough there'll be a downhill group ride in Corona on Troy Lee (aka Skyline). It's a quick downhill, letting you do a butload of shuttles in a day.

Neccros

Chimp
Aug 3, 2003
So Oakley got tore down??? that sucks... Also what was the name of the "hidden" spot in Lake Forest that got leveled?? I know the street its on but forgot the name of the place... Anybody working to rebuild it? or is it history??

Also I heard there is a Dual Slalom/4x course in the hills of irvine... I talked to a guy that claims was working on it a while ago, I just never went to look at it and was wondering if it ever got finished...

NoOnEKnOsMe

Chimp
Mar 1, 2005
Coto De Caza, Ca
oakley is gone. everything that was made of wood got cut up and torn apart. the dirt stuff is still there but in real bad shape and its too hot to fix any of it. ive also been seeing a lot of 50s there lately and i think they tore all the wood down because the city would have taken the wood with them if they did it.

Neccros

Chimp
Aug 3, 2003
50's need to be shot...

They seem to get everything tore down, or they end up destroying it trying to ride it...

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
NoOnEKnOsMe said:
oakley is gone. everything that was made of wood got cut up and torn apart. the dirt stuff is still there but in real bad shape and its too hot to fix any of it. ive also been seeing a lot of 50s there lately and i think they tore all the wood down because the city would have taken the wood with them if they did it.
Oakley was PLOWED, all wooden stunts were cut with chain saws, and new "No Trespassing" signs posted - kinda doubt it was the work of kids on 50's.

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
reflux said:
Welcome to The OC. Soon enough there'll be a downhill group ride in Corona on Troy Lee (aka Skyline). It's a quick downhill, letting you do a butload of shuttles in a day.
What? Oh yeah. That. Yes I will get around to another one of these days hah.

Is it even cool enough to ride? I haven't been outside on a bike before 10PM in ages... I was planning on waiting until weather cools off.