Quantcast

New to Portland: Beg. Ride Partner Wanted

sugarNspice

Chimp
Mar 18, 2004
Portland, OR
Well I'm not actually a beginner, but I'm severely outta shape and I left my cajones in Austin. So anyone willing to ride with me in or around Portland, lets do it. :) I'm in SE Portland and currently I can ride at anytime as I am unemployed for the moment.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
I'm no beginner, but I'll ride with you. I need to get into better shape.
I'm not much into putting in lots of miles, more like ripping urban, dirt jumps, bmx, freeride, and I raced downhill at Ski Bowl yesterday.
I'm gonna try to make it to Chutes and Ladders.
Tim

flydi007

Chimp
Feb 16, 2005
asleep at my desk
i'm not really a beginner either, but i am still relatively new to the portland area and need riding buddies. only problem is i'm waiting on a couple mountain bikes i ordered but i can probably find one to borrow pretty easily in the meantime. or if you want to do a road ride that's cool too. oh yeah and i need to get in better shape as well. once i get my bikes i'll be doing the ski bowl races as well.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
sugarNspice said:
Well I'm not actually a beginner, but I'm severely outta shape and I left my cajones in Austin. So anyone willing to ride with me in or around Portland, lets do it. :) I'm in SE Portland and currently I can ride at anytime as I am unemployed for the moment.
I'm assuming that you are a woman.
A girl I'm seeing and her friend, another girl, are planning to go on an xc ride tomorrow around 2:30. Probably Forest Park.
Let me know and I'll see about getting all you together.
Tim

sugarNspice

Chimp
Mar 18, 2004
Portland, OR
TWISTED said:
I'm assuming that you are a woman.
A girl I'm seeing and her friend, another girl, are planning to go on an xc ride tomorrow around 2:30. Probably Forest Park.
Let me know and I'll see about getting all you together.
Tim
Thanks for the invite, but I went to Yoga this morning and I plan to do dance lessons tonight, so I think a ride in between those two would be too hard on my out of shape body. I do plan to hopefully make it to the PUMP ride tomorrow evening though. BTW, is Forest Park ridable when it's been raining like this?

I'm definitely up for a ride almost anytime, just post it. Are there any trails that I might feel comfortable riding alone? I heard some folks say Powell Butte, so I may try that. It's just up tha road from where I live.

Anyways, Thanks

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
sugarNspice said:
Thanks for the invite, but I went to Yoga this morning and I plan to do dance lessons tonight, so I think a ride in between those two would be too hard on my out of shape body. I do plan to hopefully make it to the PUMP ride tomorrow evening though. BTW, is Forest Park ridable when it's been raining like this?

I'm definitely up for a ride almost anytime, just post it. Are there any trails that I might feel comfortable riding alone? I heard some folks say Powell Butte, so I may try that. It's just up tha road from where I live.

Anyways, Thanks
It sounds like the girls are passing on todays ride because of all the rain.
Most of Forest Park is just gravel fire roads, so it's rideable but you'll definitely get dirty.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
flydi007 said:
dumb question: do you actually have to be a paid PUMP member to do the forest park rides? i haven't officially joined yet
I think you can ride Forest Park anytime you want. I've never paid PUMP any money to ride there. If you mean to join up with the PUMP crew and stay with them while they ride, you may wish to contact them first.

sugarNspice

Chimp
Mar 18, 2004
Portland, OR
flydi007 said:
dumb question: do you actually have to be a paid PUMP member to do the forest park rides? i haven't officially joined yet
Nope. Says on their website. I was too sore today to make the ride, but you wanna meet next Wednesday's PUMP ride? :)

flydi007

Chimp
Feb 16, 2005
asleep at my desk
sugarNspice said:
Nope. Says on their website. I was too sore today to make the ride, but you wanna meet next Wednesday's PUMP ride? :)
yeah, sounds like a good time. i'll see if i can rustle up a bike to borrow. i found out today that my DH bike has shipped out, so hopefully in the next couple of weeks it'll be ready to take up to ski bowl. would you be interested in hitting that up sometime?

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Wanna go to Hood River tomorrow morning? Some friends and I are going, but I'm driving my own car out there alone.
Tim

sugarNspice

Chimp
Mar 18, 2004
Portland, OR
TWISTED said:
Wanna go to Hood River tomorrow morning? Some friends and I are going, but I'm driving my own car out there alone.
Tim
Sorry I missed that, but I was sworn to Attend the Clackamas Whitewater Festival, but Bend this week-end. Anyone ride during the week?