Quantcast

new to riding trek bikes

Feb 10, 2006
Mass
hi my name is chris im new to riding a trek bike but not to riding i used to ride gt and specialized bikes but this year i sprung for a trek i liked the geometry and the coponent line i got a good deal i paid 500 for it im just looking for other people that like to ride.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
there are plenty of trek haters on this site, but i wouldnt worry about it. you got a bike and a cute kid. who cares about the rest.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
sanjuro said:
there are plenty of trek haters on this site, but i wouldnt worry about it. you got a bike and a cute kid. who cares about the rest.
:stupid:

I had a Trek Y-22 from '96-'02 and it was an excellent bike for me. I'd never have gotten rid of it had I not run it into my garage. :dead: :D

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
sanjuro said:

DEATH TO ALL THINGS TREK AAGAHGAHGHAGHAGHEOTIURALJKAGEALEGAEGLAJEH!!!!!!!!$!@$!%^!^#$@&

:angry:

:oink:

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
My road bike is a Trek 560 made way back in 1985, its frame is still under warranty so theres no reason to get rid of it.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
robdamanii said:
Wait, let me guess....I can get a botique brand with better components for the same price. Right?
Lance used to ride a ti bike with cardboard moldings to make it look like a Trek....

AustinM

Chimp
Feb 22, 2005
trek bikes give an excellent bike for the dollar. Great quality, not botique cool, but not botique price. I've loved my trek 6700.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
robdamanii said:
I don't really care what Lance rode. He could have uniballed on a unicycle for all I care. I happen to like the Madone design, spec and finishing details.
I'm kidding.

Lance did not ride a Trek in his first year because it did not meet his needs for geometry and stiffness. Trek has worked closely with him and other members of US Postal to work their OCLV designs.

The new frames are certainly at the top of the carbon market, "botique" or otherwise. The only negative is that it is not a custom fit, but even Lance rides a stock Madone.

Lance is a stickler for all the details, and I doubt he would ride an inferior bike for any amount of $$$. Notice the headset Discovery uses which does not come stock on any Trek...

vamkie

Chimp
Mar 8, 2006
I really like my 4300, but I am just starting and right now just riding in the local housing development area.