Quantcast

New to site...hello from NJ!

njracer

Chimp
Mar 14, 2011
Kind of been out of the MTB thing for a bunch of years (roadracing, supermoto and kids left me with no time) but decided to return this past weekend.

I picked up a leftover Trek Fuel EX8 and I can't wait to hit the trails.

Oh yeah, the site was recomended by an old school goofball member on gixxer.com (I admin there)....he said the place was goofy like gixxer and I'll probably enjoy it.

Bike pic:

Attachments

njracer

Chimp
Mar 14, 2011
FIST PUMPS!

Your trailer hitch is pretty rusty.
Please...no fist pumps:rolleyes:....unless you're from Long Island or Staten Island.:D

BTW, I know about the rust. It took me like an hour with a sledge hammer to remove the hitch that was in there for 10 years.:D

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Aloha.
I hope you didnt really come here to talk about bikes.

Is it true that 1 in 4 NJ adults has caught an STD from Snookie?

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
You like boobs, huh? You should post some pics of boobs in the random picture thread...

njracer

Chimp
Mar 14, 2011
You made it longer than the last guy so whatever you wanna talk about is fine by me. It's your thread.
So since some of ya'll like to ride the 2 wheel things....anybody ride or race the 2 wheel things with motors??

This is one of my bad boys.....7hp and snaps clavicles in a SNAP!!

njracer

Chimp
Mar 14, 2011
leave now while you still have your sanity

Been on gixxer for over 10 years....sanity is long gone. Trying to watch/babysit 150k+ members makes you way past CrAzY!!!

However....I must say, this place is way better than mtbr!:thumb:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
If you butthurt easily, this place is not for you.
If your sarcasm meter does not go to 11, this place is not for you.
If you like The Montashu, this place is not for you.
If you like bacon, have a seat over there.

Welcome....

jutny

Monkey
Jan 15, 2009
Montclair, NJ
welcome!

essex county born and raised.

Nice to see another Sumo around, been trying to get out and race it, but i shattered my wrist last year right at the beginning of DH season and missed the whole riding season.

thats my baby (goofy mirrors are gone now), and she shares the garage with a Triumph Street Triple R, with Woodcraft clipons and Gilles rearsets among other things. I've been considering sellin the triumph to pick up an S1000RR because the Triumph is starting to feel a little small (i'm 6' 190lbs).

you race Sumo down at NJMP?

njracer

Chimp
Mar 14, 2011
welcome!

you race Sumo down at NJMP?
I've had the 450 out on the kart track a few times but mostly ride the NSR50 there (with NJ MINIGP) and the 600 with CCS. I mostly ride the 450 at E-Town with ESMRA....which has it's 1st race on Apr 10th. You should prep the bike and come out and play!:thumb:

jutny

Monkey
Jan 15, 2009
Montclair, NJ
That 50 looks like a lot of fun. I'm sort of regretting getting the 510... the extra power and torque is nice, but it means any racing I do is gonna be in open class :(

If i can get injectors in my van this year, I plan on getting in as much track time as possible. I'm not looking forward to safety wiring everything :(

njracer

Chimp
Mar 14, 2011
That 50 looks like a lot of fun. I'm sort of regretting getting the 510... the extra power and torque is nice, but it means any racing I do is gonna be in open class :(

If i can get injectors in my van this year, I plan on getting in as much track time as possible. I'm not looking forward to safety wiring everything :(
The 50 is fun but it bites back hard....it took out my clavicle and a few ribs.:rant:

As for safty wiring the bike, it's really not a lot of work and should only take you about an hour to do your bike. Then all you need is a catch can and you're ready to go racing. Right now there are no practice dates for E-Town, just 7 races but ESMRA is working with E-Town to run their own practice on the Sat before the races.

BTW, you can run the 510 in the beginer class, novice or open am depending on your skill level. Also in the 35+ vet class if you're 35 or older.

Here are a few e-town pics: