Quantcast

New to soCal from BC...any one wanna ride this weekend?

flow

Chimp
May 6, 2003
Vancouver
Hey all,

Quick bio first, I accepted a job transfer to cali and I just moved to Hermosa Beach from North Vancouver last thursday. Hermosa is awefully flat compared to the motherland but it is only 10 minutes from my new office and the wife will enjoy the beach.

I brought my SX trail out with me and I did manage to get up to Santa Barbara last saturday and raced the DH. It may not of been the most challenging course but the competition was as there were some solid rippers out.

Anyway, its short notice as its only Friday afternoon but I was wondering if anyone on the board was riding this weekend. I'd be up for a pedal or a shuttle. I've only got a Scion xB at the moment so not the best shuttle vehicle but would work for recovery. I'm not afraid of a long climb or a knarly descent, just looking to check out some of the goods.

I'm mobile and would be happy to meet anybody within a 2 hour range.

Drop me a line if you're up for a rip or even if you have a recommendation for a solo loop.

Cheers,
Jer

jeremyschaab@gmail.com

Cell is still BC so email would probaby be easier.

dirtdevil

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
Coto de Caza
go check up in the hills of Santa Monica. also look at the so cal thread "the spot" it's off of Sunset and Kenter, you can go and pedal all you want up there and there is usually a handful of riders

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
check the XC ride... DH style thread here in the SoCal forum. we've got a bundle of riders going out every weekend, and we all keep in touch in that thread. most of us are off to mammoth this weekend... so the local trails should be @$$hole-free :P

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
check the XC ride... DH style thread here in the SoCal forum. we've got a bundle of riders going out every weekend, and we all keep in touch in that thread. most of us are off to mammoth this weekend... so the local trails should be @$$hole-free :P
Word. We got riders from South OC to West Hollywood in that thread setting up weekly rides.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Hey Man I live in south redondo, so I'm maybe 10 minutes from you, depending on what part of Hermosa you're in. I used to live there, but it gets too ridiculously full of drunken college kids on the weekend.

I've been riding mostly BMX lately, but I know a good number of shuttle-able trails within 2 hours. I just picked up an SxT about 2 months ago and its the perfect bike for a lot of the shuttle trails. My DH racing season more or less went out the window this year for a number of reasons, so I'm just focusing on riding and having fun.