Quantcast

New to the Sport.....

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Two wheels are too dangerous.

Here's my words of advice after racing for the past 7 years. Go fast, don't crash, drink beer and do it all over again the next race. I can do the first and last pretty well...but the middle one seems to happen quite often.

But on a serious note, find some people that live around you that are faster then you are. Start riding with them as much as possible. You'll be surprised at how quickly you gain skills and speed. When I started riding, me and all my friends were just getting into DH (at 12 years old) and I quickly became friends with someone that rode with Shaums March and Kovarik a lot. He was pretty quick and really helped me gain a ton of speed in a very short period of time.

Now that I'm sort of leaving DH I'm applying the same thing to motocross by riding with two good friends that race outdoor nationals and supercross.

Anyways, keep up the riding no matter what...I'll NEVER forget all my years of racing and the friends I have made because of it....and the broken bones.

heavy metal

Monkey
Mar 31, 2011
HI
Get some buds to ride with. Riding tail behind somebody faster than you can help you learn good line picking skills and generally cue you in on where and when to brake and when to get loose and fast.