Quantcast

new toy

anthonysloan

Chimp
Sep 7, 2004
Picked it up from the factory last week, but due to scheduling, I had to sit on my hands until yesterday to build it. Yeti hasn't yet received their 36rc2s, so I slapped on a loaner.

The wheelset rocks, I'll probably put a set on my AS-X. The x-gen ft der. shifts like a dream. And the rear shock is fantastic. The whole bike feels much more plush than my rp3 575 did, and climbs almost as well. All told it weighs 30.7 with the Pike. I don't think that will change too much when the fox shock shows up.

J

JRB

Uhm - did you order one too small??? Why is the seat so far back??? ;)

*Really - nice bikey.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Dead sexy.

I didn't think Yeti would put the team colors on the 575 because it was not made in Co? Are they making them in Co now?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Westy said:
Dead sexy.

I didn't think Yeti would put the team colors on the 575 because it was not made in Co? Are they making them in Co now?
No. At least not according to the yeti website.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
anthonysloan said:
The wheelset rocks, I'll probably put a set on my AS-X.
I can't quite make out what they are? More details please.

Peerrty bike though.

Westy said:
:stupid:
Not that it makes much of a difference

J

JRB

Mtb_Rob_FL said:
I can't quite make out what they are? More details please.

Peerrty bike though.

:stupid:
Not that it makes much of a difference
They look like DT FR 6.10s. Can't find many details.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
anthonysloan said:
And the rear shock is fantastic. The whole bike feels much more plush than my rp3 575 did, and climbs almost as well.
What was your experience with the rp3?

I'm seriously thinking about changing my rp3 out for the DHX air. Both Seth and Joe from Yeti said it was the way to go. My problem is to get the RP3 plush enough for the small stuff, I'm blowing thru a ton of the travel way too easy. Or vice versa that if I set it up for the big stuff, its not active at all. The pro pedal adjustment helps some but not enough to make me happy.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
DRB said:
They decided they no longer cared about that distinction. Samething with the metal headbadges.
I wonder if they would send me a new headbadge so I could retrofit my '04?

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
They installed on in mine when I was out here in June. BUT I'm not sure if they would send one to you or not. Something about folks drilling into their headtube might freak them out. They have this jig that fits in the head tube that makes it impossible to screw anyting up.

BUT that being said they are some super good folks and at worse asking would get you a polite no with a bunch of apologies.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
DRB said:

I'm seriously thinking about changing my rp3 out for the DHX air. Both Seth and Joe from Yeti said it was the way to go. My problem is to get the RP3 plush enough for the small stuff, I'm blowing thru a ton of the travel way too easy. Or vice versa that if I set it up for the big stuff, its not active at all. The pro pedal adjustment helps some but not enough to make me happy.
Did your RP3 have the AVA adjuster...?

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
DRB said:
No its the normal RP3 with the propedal lever and rebound adjustment.
Ah, OK. I never had a rear air shock before, but will be getting one...frame's coming with a Manitou, but I might want a Fox later on. I guess I'll try one with the AVA to help with balancing initial response/bottomout.

MD

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
MikeD said:
Ah, OK. I never had a rear air shock before, but will be getting one...frame's coming with a Manitou, but I might want a Fox later on. I guess I'll try one with the AVA to help with balancing initial response/bottomout.

MD
Which manitou are you getting?

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
DRB said:
Which manitou are you getting?
Swinger 4-way air. Plenty adjustable...we'll see how it holds up. Ed: Sorry for the derail...that Yeti is sweet...and the DHX looks really nice. It's about 200g heavier than the RP3, no?

MD

anthonysloan

Chimp
Sep 7, 2004
DRB said:

I think the DHX air will get you that pluchness and bottom out resistance. Good gracious this is a nice rear shock. Square edge bumps and root clusters cause next to no loss of speed. But on steep ups I can get out of the saddle and crank.

J

JRB

hahahaha - hello kitty called Anthony out on mojo and pretty much called him a poser. Best part, hello kitty got his ass handed to himself by a chick. hahahaha