Quantcast

new toy

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MtnBikerChk and I have agreed to purchase our first house! 1800 square feet, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, large finished basement (included in the 1800 sq foot estimate), oversized two car detached garage, mud room/laundry room, deck off the dining room (added in 2003) and patio area under the deck. The house has hardwood floors throughout, but some of it is carpeted (we're going to rip out the carpet). We have not finalized the closing date, but it will most likely be late Summer. The current owners are building a house in Florida and it's not done yet. This house was built in 1960 and is in MINT condition. I think it's safe to say the current owners are neat freaks. It's a 1.1 acre lot and is in Simsbury, CT.

Only two pics for now, taken from the agent's website.

:dancing:

Front view

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
SO SO SO jealous.

Ok I have to ask how much? I'm in the market so it's the only reason I'm asking. If you don't want everybody to know PM me if you don't mind telling.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Congrats.

Now subtract at least 4 hours a week of free time for mowing and other maintenance crap.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I almost took a job recently with Ensign Bickford Industries in West Simsbury. They were ready to hire me but I dragged my feet because my grandmother was sick. They hired someone else but I am still in the running for another position. If I decide (give me the $$) to take it we could be nieghbors. Any good riding around there? ....jdcamb

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Thanks for all the kind words. We're psyched as hell. Having to wait until September to move in is going to be torturous. :)

Originally posted by jdcamb
Any good riding around there? ....jdcamb
Jim, we are still relatively close to all the places we ride now, so our riding spots won't change much. Lots of good stuff within a half hour of every direction.

-BB-, no stunts on the grass. That's why we have woods in the backyard. :)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
That house kicks ass!!!

I'm super stoked for the two of you - I've expressed that in person, but I'll do it again on the Monkey too!!

Woooo Hoooo! :cool: :D

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by MMcG
That house kicks ass!!!

I'm super stoked for the two of you - I've expressed that in person, but I'll do it again on the Monkey too!!

Woooo Hoooo! :cool: :D

Mark, we'll need help "moving." (Actually, I just need someone to sit with me on the deck and drink beer while the movers unload the truck.)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Originally posted by I Are Baboon

Mark, we'll need help "moving." (Actually, I just need someone to sit with me on the deck and drink beer while the movers unload the truck.)
I'm down with that!! Let's ride first, then come to your new home and watch the movers while we drink beer. :devil: :D

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Many many congrats to the two of you!! :cool:

So how many RM guess room available in that little love nest? :monkey:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by -BB-
THIS is how it needs to look after you move in...

(throw in some dirt jumps or a slalom trail)
why would he defecate on the lawn?

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by Serial Midget
Awesome!!! Owning your own home makes life so much easier. :) :) :)

And - that yard is perfect - easily a 20 hour a week project. :eek:
Yes, note to Babs...find a gardener.:p

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by MMcG
I'm down with that!! Let's ride first, then come to your new home and watch the movers while we drink beer. :devil: :D
:D
Originally posted by Jozz
Many many congrats to the two of you!! :cool:

So how many RM guess room available in that little love nest? :monkey:
We can fit a LOT of monkeys in that house. And if you want to camp, just look at the backyard!
And - that yard is perfect - easily a 20 hour a week project. :eek:
I know exactly NOTHING about landscaping. I think I have mowed a lawn twice in my lifetime. In two years that lawn is going to look like hell. :(

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
I know exactly NOTHING about landscaping. I think I have mowed a lawn twice in my lifetime. In two years that lawn is going to look like hell. :(
I easily have the worst yard in my neighborhood - yardwork isn't a lot of fun. You'll need a small John Deer for that baby - start convincing MBC now... :cool:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I easily have the worst yard in my neighborhood - yardwork isn't a lot of fun. You'll need a small John Deer for that baby - start convincing MBC now... :cool:
Ummmmm....dude.....no convincing needed. She's going to want a top of the line riding mower with all the bells and whistles. :p