Quantcast

new toys

moose99ps

Chimp
Jun 11, 2008
bend, oregon
well i took the plunge and bought some new toys for my bike. got a set of crankbros acid one pedals. and a buddy of mine gave me a pair of his old answer shoes that fit me just perfect and off we went.... OMG the diffrence clipless pedals makes when mtnbiking is rediculess. i went further faster before getting tired.. it was amazing.. why it took me so long to do it is beyond me but im very glad that i did. :monkeydance:

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
ahh yes i miss the early days of beginning to ride clipless.. the ones where you roll to a stop only to forget your clipped in

moose99ps

Chimp
Jun 11, 2008
bend, oregon
ahh yes i miss the early days of beginning to ride clipless.. the ones where you roll to a stop only to forget your clipped in
havent forgotten that i was clipped in yet but havent mastered getting out or in yet... it was funny for the people i was riding with... now to just get brain to legs to remember to pull up and we will be ok...

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i race DH/SuperD/BMX in clips but go platforms for everything else. for what i do, i like tacky shoes and flats most of the time but there is a definite power advantage to being clipped in. if i rode XC i'd most definitely be clipped in. good on ya for learning to ride with them....now the hard part comes when you've been riding clipped for a long time and you try to transition back to flats :D it took me several rides to transition back to flats when i first decided to go back to them several years ago but now i can transition back and forth with no problem.

pigboy

in a galaxy far, far away
i'm still avoiding clipless...

i need to get more comfortable with these trails and get some better skills before i will feel comfortable in clipless.

congrats though. i look forward to the day you've reached.
going clipless is exactly the same as jumping in front of a moving train. you just gotta go for it and see how it turns out.

plus you want to make sure the clipless adjusters are set to "ultranoob easy" so that clipping out happens if you even twitch your foot. That reduces the number of "oh crap i didn't unclip" moments that are swiftly followed by "mud tastes good."