Quantcast

New Toys

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
09 Kona Hei Hei 29 and a King Kahuna 29. Had these for a bit. Back injury slowed me down on getting them built. Still swapping out parts on the hardtail. Finally finished swapping the parts over on the full susp. I've had one very short ride on it.

Attachments

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
Stock weight was close to 30#. Still 3.5" in the rear. Basically I kept the new brakes, shifters,derails, crankset,frame and fork. Bars,stem,grips,chain, cassette, headset, wheelset and tires were swapped on to my old Hei Hei 29. Took my old parts and moved them to the new bike. Added frame tape, bashguard, fender and splash guard. I use a shorter stem than comes stock and an offset seat post. Just personal prefference. Weights in at 29#. You could go lighter but it is a heck of a lot cheaper for me to lose the weight than the bike. Still playing with the Fox fork. Sure liked my Reba.

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
Finally got to ride the new toys. No epics but just ride. Dig the Bejesus out of both of them.

Jury is still out on the forks.

The FSA wheel set that came stock on the hardtail didn't feel flexy. I was kinda worried about that because I ain't no skinny mini. Handled every thing nicely. Should have them set up tubeless this weekend.