Quantcast

New Transition Blindside - final design+geo etc.

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
Thom.....So do I get to race it for you next year, PLEASE? Tell Neal I would like mine in RAW...Its the New White, which was the new Red, which was the New Pink....... BTW....The website needs a pic of Neal on his bike, But since he crashes alot, that pic would do also.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
haha, look at the weights. that blindside, a DH bike that can be raced, hucked, or whatever, weighs in at exactly the same 8.1lbs as the BR. that tells me two things, one is that transition did a really nice job on the Blindside. the second is that transition needs to work on the BR a little bit to get it down to a reasonable weight. still, if i were to opt for a DH bike in the next year, i'd probably buy that bike.

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
stoked!

1/2 pound lighter than my 06 dirtbag, .3" lower BB, .25" shorter chainstay, 1.4" more travel. sounds like i gotta sell some stuff...

anyone want an 06 dirtbag w/ a DHX air and some random bits? :D

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I sat on a 42lb bottlerocket yesterday that had a pretty reasonable parts spec on it.

Yeah that frame could be lighter for sure.
yes it could, it rides ALOT lighter than it should though esp with pro pedal, I ride mine on xc rides alot and hang with reasonably fast guys on hardtails and what not...it's all about the 34t in the back!

The blindside is going to be a popular rig next year...

sriracha

Monkey
Jun 9, 2006
Tell Neal I would like mine in RAW...Its the New White, which was the new Red, which was the New Pink........
:disgust1:
no no no...you've got it all wrong.

sea foam green is the new white, which was the new black.
baby blue is the new pink.
red is still red.
raw is the new chrome.

btw....coughneedsasplitpivotcough.:monkeydance:

Rob Munro

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
looks clean, and light. I don't know much about suspension design, is this considered a single pivot? i'm shopping for a new bike for next season. may put this in the running.

Jun 5, 2007
Thom.....So do I get to race it for you next year, PLEASE? Tell Neal I would like mine in RAW...Its the New White, which was the new Red, which was the New Pink....... BTW....The website needs a pic of Neal on his bike, But since he crashes alot, that pic would do also.
nice talk buddy! diggin' a hole....

Jun 5, 2007
the bottlerocket and the blinside use similar tubesets and so have similar weights. the bottlerocket is designed to be an abuse worthy rig, it's a freeride bike after all. look at the bright side, no one's broken one yet!

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Nice numbers. Are these made in the US?
Here is the whole Transition design/mfg story in a nutshell:

http://www.transitionbikes.com/2007/HowOurBikesAreMade.cfm

BTW, if you notice that that site is locked up from the home page, just go to the link above and all the nav-bars and site are still there - -just not accessible right now from the home page.

Kyle, are you going to get your hands on one this Fall? I'd really like a day to do a side-by-side of that and my GM. I'd even trek down to Moscow and by you a beer afterward.

go-ride.com

Monkey
Oct 23, 2001
Salt Lake City, UT
Nice looking bike and I like the geo numbers. Looks very competitive with other light DHers like the Socom.

Is there a pic of the left side of the bike so we can see the pivot placement?

Rafael-DH

Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Brazil
This floating brake system is VERYYYY smart!
Dont need to use special hub!
How anyone never did it before?
BTW i rode the large white blindside on the outdoor demo.... guess what? Already know which is my next bike!

Rafael-DH

Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Brazil
i only got one run on it
but it is very progressive and you have that bottomless fell!
the chainstay is very short... it acelerates incredibly well

banrider

Monkey
Nov 24, 2004
It would be great if someone or a magazine or whoever could give a comparison-review between the Bottlerocket and the Blindside....Im very curious to know the differences between them....

Jan 28, 2008
The guys at transition says that the bottle rocket feels much steeper than the blindside making it "uncomfortable" on the steep downhills. The blindside is much like the bottle rockets twin.

Just ordered the blindside n i'll tell ya how it is

Jan 28, 2008
yea, in a few months. . .there all backordered till march, haha
Yeah the bikes are super popular. Pretty much the next Demo 9 only more gangster and from a company that is more down to earth.

They shoulda held a frame for me since I ordered before the last couple small blacks went out