Quantcast

New V-10 frame

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
dhkid said:
:eek: what? no dhx air? at least a ti spring...

dont bother me, i am just jelous.:eviltongu: :)
They don't stock a DH Air, yet. And no point in a ti spring when you weigh 120lbs.

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
DUDE! Get help with the build bro...take your time and ask lots of questions. Just ask Mikey to supervise, he won't let you destroy your bike and break your heart. Have fun. See you guys on Sunday hopefully. I'll be bringin' a couple of my staff from here so it would be cool to see you guys. H

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Dirtbike said:
I'd let mikey build it or have him show you. Taking on a wheelbuild is a little ambitious for someone who's only done one BB, and a couple headsets. Right now Im picturing you riding a v10 with air-bled brakes, oiled rotors, WD-40'ed brake pads (stops squeaks right?), and radial laced wheels.:dead:

Maybe you could do everything slowly and have everyone show you how to do each thing one at a time or something. You are going to die if you ride a bike built by yourself.
I have done more than 1 BB and more than 3 headsets, trued and tensioned the rear wheel on my bighit and have been on it all season with no problems, so I think I'll be ok on the whees, and I have laced another wheel. I think I will be ok with the weel considering as well that my boss is one of the best wheel builders there is.

Nov 9, 2005
my friend is build up a frame right now form parts off an old bike and he is doing fine, but after he puts the whole thing together he will have to take it in to the bike shop to have them adjust and check everything, which saves money and he learns how to build a bike. And he has never built a bike before and it is going fine, just some adjustments and it will be perfect.