Quantcast

New V-10

klunky

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2003
Scotland
Has anyone got any pictures of the new V-10 Peaty is riding?

There is a small photo of it in this months MBUK apparantly its over 1lb lighter. The top linkage is carbon and I thought it looked kind of like a nomad. The picture is small and crappy though so thought somone here might have seen a bigger picture?

Ta

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
I kid, I kid.

Mountain bike fiction has a write up this month but it's his old bike. Steve comments that the new frame will be a "works" unit with carbon something.

Yeti

Monkey
May 17, 2005
yeti cave@the beach
Has anyone got any pictures of the new V-10 Peaty is riding?

There is a small photo of it in this months MBUK apparantly its over 1lb lighter. The top linkage is carbon and I thought it looked kind of like a nomad. The picture is small and crappy though so thought somone here might have seen a bigger picture?

Ta
seems the wrong place to shave some grams imo..but i havent graduated from mech. eng. so my opinion doesn t count.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
seems the wrong place to shave some grams imo..but i havent graduated from mech. eng. so my opinion doesn t count.
I think the links are a great place. They're small solid chunks of material with some bolts in them.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
i just got a v10, this makes me sad that I am about to be outdated by a new generation.
I wouldn't throw that bike on Ebay just yet. While Peat might be riding a "Works" version of the V-10, it might not be available to public, ever.

One thing to consider is that the carbon linkage could be replaced after every race, something I doubt any monkey could afford.

Considering that not even the Blur XC has carbon linkages, I would imagine this is a race program-only bike.

DEVOTiON

Chimp
Jan 11, 2006
Stockholm, Sweden
I just read the article, and it says that it's a prototype.

The hump is more slimmed, looks kinda like the Jackal hump.

My guess is that it will go to production after this season, but not with the carbon linkage, that would probobly be syndicate only.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Agreed. The older large V10's in particular had what seemed like a huge hump...assuming that Peaty rides a large (at least) that looks like a major improvement--more svelt and speedy.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
some how that bike doesn't look as insanely large as his old v10, maybe its just got a longer down tube? yea, that does look like a new lower link. maybe its a 8in version too??? coz they were testing a 8in version as some of the races last year.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
ahhh... fair enough... :monkeydance:

i got a american friend over here, and the other day we talking about how he could drive at 17(?) get guns at 18 and vote too, but cant drink till 21....

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
watched the vid... good laugh...

back on topic, traction mag says that its a shorter stroke shox, so its most probably a shorter travel v10... heck, is it even correct to call it the v10? v8 anyone?;)