Quantcast

New V10

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
I had the first order for the new V10, but somehow Santa Cruz forgot to do a run of white large enough to accomodate more than just their pro riders. Finally after about 4 months of waiting, and because of some really great customer service on the part of Danny at SC, (thanks Danny) I now have my new V10. I'm still waiting for my new wheels to be built, so it's looking a little frankenbikish right now, but the build once the new wheels are on is:

-Santa Cruz V10,Medium, white, ti bolts, ti spring on the 5th Element, molded carbon fiber rear fender
-Boxxer World Cup
-Romic integrated top crown
-Hadley hubs / Tioga DH rims (because I like the white stripe...yup that's pretty gay)
-SRAM 9.0 der /7.0 shifter
-SRAM PC-99 chain
-Hayes hydros 8" with Dangerboy levers
-Truvativ Holzfeller cranks, 38 tooth chainring
-Truvativ Box Guide
-Truvativ pedals that I stole from Sgt Brown (I'll bang em up and have to buy them I hope :D )
-Race Face Signature DH bottom bracket 128mm spindle
-Dura-Ace cassette
-King headset
-Thomson seatpost
-SDG Slim Jim saddle with ti rails
-Michelin DH Comp32 front (2.8") DH Comp24.1 rear (2.5") tires

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
Wait till yours gets all ****ty looking like my white 03 V10, the bike needs A LOT of cleaning to keep looking nice...

How much does that bitch weigh?

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
santa cruz as a company need to lay off the dubie and get their act together.

crappy quality controll to, just yucky.

but you cant not carry them, their just to popular.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Ridemonkey said:
LOL!

I wasn't a fan of white bikes before, but I'd sure as hell trade a nut for that!
Hahahahah nice pic, and by the way amazing bike, yeah i rock a white chameleon something about the white with the black components (my setup as well) just looks killer :thumb:

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
Acadian said:
hahah....touche!!

nice ride - would of been faster black! And Faster-er in ano black.

BTW...by looking at the position of your saddle, I think the tilt of your handlebars is off a bit. ;)
YES! That's what color I got... BTW the new V-10 is the best bike I've ever ridden. I turned my fastest N* race run last sunday @ 3:47

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
dhtahoe said:
YES! That's what color I got... BTW the new V-10 is the best bike I've ever ridden. I turned my fastest N* race run last sunday @ 3:47
that run would of been faster if you would of gotten a plished one :dancing: ;)

how is the large? Good size for you?

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
mack said:
santa cruz as a company need to lay off the dubie and get their act together.

crappy quality controll to, just yucky.

but you cant not carry them, their just to popular.
You're high.

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
rockymt21 said:
Wait till yours gets all ****ty looking like my white 03 V10, the bike needs A LOT of cleaning to keep looking nice...

How much does that bitch weigh?
I like cleaning bikes, and I have a white Blur right now, with a white Heckler on order, and a couple more Santa Cruz bikes in white coming this Fall / Winter. I must have a garage full of white Santa Cruz...it's my destiny.

BTW-Acadian, didn't you get the memo? Black was faster last year, but white is faster now. Sorry you didn't hear about it.

cali4niabiker

Monkey
Jun 29, 2004
ATLANTA, GA
You'll be much faster if you had anodized black frame... its a matter of aerodynamics. Really. It will shave off 2 seconds in your races.... :D That... that is a HUGE difference! :dancing:

Just kidding. BTW: That is one kick ass 2 wheeler! :thumb:

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
Joe Pozer said:
Sweet bike Jefe...the white looks good. Is the top tube on this years Med. shorter than last years model?
Nope, the TT is the same, but the seat tube angle is slacker, and the wheelbase is shorter.

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
Slugman said:
:thumb: :drool: Looks nice... I'm F'ing jealous!!!

So are you healed up enough to enjoy that yet?
I did one run on Friday and had to rest for the balance of the weekend, so not really....but I'll be riding on Sunday anyway. :D

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
dh girlie said:
Back off...he's a metrosexual and ALL metrosexuals are wearing flip flops with jeans...it's the thing to do these days.

Awesome bike! Mines still prettier!!! :love:
Yes, thank you DHGirlie for recognizing that I indeed made the correct footwear choice. :love:

Your bike is prettier, but then again, so are you.

Wow, that was cheesy....even for me that was cheesy.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
El Jefe said:
Yes, thank you DHGirlie for recognizing that I indeed made the correct footwear choice. :love:

Your bike is prettier, but then again, so are you.

Wow, that was cheesy....even for me that was cheesy.
Oh el queso...thank you...(insert batting eyelash smiley)

I think the only thing that is keeping some of these guys from tossin off to that picture is the fact that you are in it... :blah: