Quantcast

New Volvo

rooftest

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
OC, CA
It's not as dumb looking as most volvo's are. I think the Ford influence may be at work.

Which is funny - you've gotta have some pretty ugly cars if Ford can make them look much better.

Imagine how crummy Jaguars were before - Ford buying that company improved them dramatically! (they're still crap)

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
What do you think of the new volvo hatcback, they have a great range of engines including a 180bhp turbo diseal and a 225 2.5 turbo petrol engine.
It's no chick magnet, which is good in your case because that would mean a huge frickin dent in the side.

ukjason

sexist pig
May 14, 2006
leicester uk
its a shame, the hatchback and hot hatch market across here is massive plus they are so much fun to drive.

talking about the RS focus they are bring out the new one late 2007 with 300bhp+:shocked:

rooftest

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
OC, CA
i hate the new jaguar
No - I mean quality problems. As in poor electrical systems, transmissions, pretty much everything. Now they've improved. (but they're still Fords, so they can't be that good.)

The US big three have been selling poorer quality cars than their Japanese competitors for 40 years now and still haven't figured out why everyone buys Japanese...

ukjason

sexist pig
May 14, 2006
leicester uk
No - I mean quality problems. As in poor electrical systems, transmissions, pretty much everything. Now they've improved. (but they're still Fords, so they can't be that good.)

The US big three have been selling poorer quality cars than their Japanese competitors for 40 years now and still haven't figured out why everyone buys Japanese...
is toyota now the bigest car seller in the US?

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
merikuns´ like big everyday cars, they can use to kill bears in the woods and haul sequoias and half home-depot to the sawmills in their garages, where they make bird houses and toothpicks.
Yes there are plenty of dumbasses in the US. But, once the Smart car and the like are readily available for a decent price, you're gonna see a crapload of them tooling around.

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
That thing looks awesome. I like small cars. I'm not into the whole pickup/suv redneck thing.
Me neither but I want to be able to throw my bike, skis, board or even myself in the trunk.

Small cars have one advantage they are more fun to drive. But even in my grocery getter / wagon I already drive way to fast and corner too hard so that would not really help ;)

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Yes there are plenty of dumbasses in the US. But, once the Smart car and the like are readily available for a decent price, you're gonna see a crapload of them tooling around.
Y'all dont have those down there? There's lots up here - they sound like sh!t.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Saw a smart car in a lot yesterday. I like small cars but that thing was rediculous, I wouldn't feel safe in it. I'd rather take my chances on the motorcycle where a single row of wheels provides better escape possibilities.

I like the volvo, but as far as small Fordish cars go I'd probably be happier with a much cheaper Mazda.