Quantcast

New World Disorder 9: Never Enough

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
So actualy there is some stuff that's new ;) In NWD 8 actualy there wasn't nothing new besides the first DJ section. Imo 8 was a complete rip off of the 7th part and only added a few tricks but felt like there was little progress between the 2 parts.
Also don't expect much progress in years time.

BTW. 720backflip? I call bs on that. Link?
there was a name for that trick, I cant remember it, they do it on bmx I believe. Anyways, I guess the main reason I find 8 better than 9, apart from the tricks, is that the sections on 8 are way more produced. For example, I always remember Jeff Lenoskys part on 8, it did have anything insane in it (maybe compared to other pro riders) but the style and composition of the segment was real neat and cool! On 9 you have this news reporter crap that only appears half the time, and doesnt come in handy, its like its there to fill in, since it appears they didnt know what to make up this time around. Anyways, if I find the link of the trick, Ill put it up, it was on pinkbike a while back and on youtube

edit: here we go!

and if Im not mistaken that comes on at the start of 7 or 8

edit 2: heres an article

http://www.nsmb.com/shore_news/clawcomp_09_06.php

edit 3: They call it an inverted 7

edit 4: It was Jordie Lunn and not Jamie goldman.. what was I thinking?

Last edited:

Mc.Dub

Monkey
Feb 28, 2007
Montreal
Just got mine today on Blu-Ray finally. Too bad it won't play :(
There's some kind of bump around part of the disk, like it was melted during production.

Dammitttt!!
Anyone else have the same problem?

BigHitComp04

Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
Morgantown, WV
I thought it was pretty bad. Filming was amazing though. Semenuk and McCauls sections were the only ones worth watching in my opinion. I would much rather watch a DH vid, speaking of which they did a horrible job on Cedrics and Fabiens sections. Lame!

I think that film would probably be 30 minutes long if everything was in normal time haha

J

Monkey
Dec 7, 2003
San Luis Obispo, CA
The more I watch NWD 9 the more I like it. I think my initial thoughts were kind of harsh. It's really well done for what it was meant to be which is an all around MTB film. Definitely worth owning.

godzilla

Chimp
Dec 19, 2005
I thought there was too much of the same ol', but then I thought the idea was wearing thin after 4 or so...

Kovarick's section in Pinned is some of the nicest footage I've seen, Illusionary Lines included:

http://bncproductions.net/

although it pales in comparison to Josh B's 5 second section. ;)

I like racing footage way more than the SS/DJ/ huck action. It's not that I can't appreciate the skill involved in SS, etc... it's just that it's like watching paint dry after the "wow" factor fades. Racing is where the rubber meets the road, or dirt as it were.

Last edited: