Quantcast

New world Disoreder 8

tunnelvision

Monkey
Oct 25, 2007
I went to a release party on the 14th, good video but didnt care for the music so much the huge dirt jumps were sick i still cant believe how big that sh!t was....crazy

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I saw NWD7 and 8 at the Palms during Interbike. NWD7 I enjoyed a lot more, but I prefered seeing it poolside than that stuffy club. I literally did rub elbows with Cam McCaul, Bearclaw, and Peaty; but it was more like throwing 'bows considering how crowded it was.

However, I have seen the NWD7 dvd many times since, and I am not watch NWD8 again.

kona-ryder

Monkey
Jul 18, 2006
Above you on the podium.
^^^I was reffering to the whole 'comic book effect' in #7. Lame Sauce.

I found it almost as bad as watching "The Notebook" twice in a row with my girlfriend. At least i got some:brows:after the notebook.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Dude are you joking?
NWD 8 was unbelievably better than 7.
Better footage, better tricks, better music, better plotline. End of story.
Whatever.

I can use a bunch of hyperbole, but I remember being stunned when I was listening to Hell is for Children, or watching Kyle Strait land a back flip to a back wheel stall.

And there was nothing like seeing Simmons' segment, with that camera floating down as he hits ladder after ladder.

Feb 21, 2007
Whatever.

I can use a bunch of hyperbole, but I remember being stunned when I was listening to Hell is for Children, or watching Kyle Strait land a back flip to a back wheel stall.

And there was nothing like seeing Simmons' segment, with that camera floating down as he hits ladder after ladder.
wasn't that back wheel stall aaron chase...hmm. oh and yeah?

El Gordo

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Vernon, NJ
NWD 8 is awesome.. Great footage and the music rocked.. I ordered something from Beyond and the DVD was in there for free dont know what that was about, but I am glad they did.. I wish they showed more of Lenosky and NJ & NY stuff..

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
NWD 8 is cool and all but that whole 'have you seen it' segment from oakley was AWESOME!!

Who knew pro mountain bikers were such good actors?

Brilliant story line, tight execution and an absolutely gripping level of suspense!!!

I seriously want to burn everything that has 'oakley' on it now.

ATOMICFIREBALL

DISARMED IN A BATTLE OF WITS
May 26, 2004
Tennessee
I like the NWD series & will most probably buy #8.
But my favorite is DRIFT-III from my collection. I watch it practically every day!Tons of great footage.Plus great raw footage of World Cup races at Ft.William and Italy.

I bought 8 this weekend and really liked it. Bordons sections was sick and Fabiens was really good. Some of the filters they used like in Lenosky's section kinda bothered me. The did use some super 8 which was cool. It had a better mix of types of riding other than DJs with back flips. The small sections of the slopestyle scene and the Argentinia trip was pretty cool to see more session sort of riding than it just split by rider.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
i think it's just o.k. the first time i watched it i was really into it, but i watched it again a couple of days ago and really wasn't into it. the fabien part was probally the best part .

SuperKat

Monkey
Jul 3, 2005
New York
Fabien part was really good.
There's def plenty of footage. It's about an hour long, isn't it?
As far as best vid ever? Not sure about that...

AiR2k

Chimp
Jun 13, 2007
Finland
...but that whole 'have you seen it' segment from oakley was AWESOME!!

Who knew pro mountain bikers were such good actors?

Brilliant story line, tight execution and an absolutely gripping level of suspense!!!

I seriously want to burn everything that has 'oakley' on it now.
Yeah, I was wondering WTF is this. Soooooo bad!

I think NWD8 gets too repetative after few dj-scenes. Barel's scene is
outstanding, it's so nicely done. I would love to see more DH material
from NWD-crew.

This was better than NWD7, but I think NWD6 is still best of the series.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Yeah, I was wondering WTF is this. Soooooo bad!

I think NWD8 gets too repetative after few dj-scenes. Barel's scene is
outstanding, it's so nicely done. I would love to see more DH material
from NWD-crew.

This was better than NWD7, but I think NWD6 is still best of the series.

You guys OBVIOUSLY didn't have a massive ganja sesh before watching "have you seen it".

I like NWD movies as long as I mute them and put some real tunes on.

Barel, Gracia, Goss, and Boyko were good. The dirt jumping scenes are nuts but I'm less into huge tricks and big hucks than I once was. Give me fast DH scenes and super technical/original/innovative street and "freeride" and I'm happy.

Dangerous E

Monkey
May 24, 2006
Coorstown, CO
Just picked it up. I thought Kirt Voreis' part was rad. Super unique. Cool to just watch a guy shred on all different terrain. Curious why Vanderham and Carlin Dunne were not in this one.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
I watched it at a friend's house, liked what little I saw, so I bought it yesterday.

Good flick, I'll watch it again. Bourdon's segment was the best in my opinion...but I like watching big moves over technical.

Barel's segment was done well...just not what I'm into.
Andreu's segment was crazy.

mtbiker219

Chimp
Dec 3, 2007
Ashburnham
pretty awesome vid! I couldnt believe some of the new flip tricks those guys are doing. Everyone is pushing the limits to the extreme in this one for sure!!!

RATM

Monkey
Aug 5, 2004
Washington DC area
Fabien Barrel section was just insane, the way he was flying over the course, that son of a bit<h carries so much speed. Top notch video all the way around.

The first chapter, with Andreu L. he was pretty sick as well. Was a little disappointed in Chopper, even though I think he is still a great rider, and about 1000 times better then I will ever be.