Quantcast

New Xterra commercial

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Test drove an '05 on Saturday. The catalog had pics of a new Intense SLX VPP and an old Chumba Zulu.
And the Xterra was cool too.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
=[Stinky]= said:
Riiiight... keep telling yourself that.
I believe it. I've driven many SUVs and the Nissans are very stable. My Pathfinder kills my brothers Blazer. My gf has a Grand Cherokee and the Nissan has a wider footprint. Nissan's have a deceptively wide stance. Nissan did a good job with keeping body roll to a minimum. The Xterra is a little looser than Pathy, but not by much.

Tom Church

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
Beacon, NY
Whats with all th hostility towards Xterras!!!

1) the have a Solid Rear Axle and IFS not independent all a round.

2) There is an SAS available for the X. Fit's 35's on D44's

3) The X Fits 32's with no lift and 33's with a 3"" lift

4) There are a TON of after market parts including bumpers, etc.

5) IFS Xterras have done the Rubicon

6) The only Jeep that is still Solid Axle is the Wrangler...the Liberty and the Grand Cherokee are independent.

7) The X is still the best looking SUV out there.

My X has no lift and runs 32" BFG's right now. It will go anywhere that my buddy with a 3" lift on his XJ will go. I also have an XJ that I am starting work on (RE 5.5" and 35's) this summer if I can get the engine working first. It's something that I am getting for free so If it roll into a tree...I won;t be Fing up my DD.

A 3" lift is on the way for the X this summer along with a Shrockworks Bumper and Winch. Full Skids and a rear bumper next year. And when it's paid off and I can afford it I'll SAS it.

Admittingly the IFS is a disadvantage in some areas, but the X is built on a truck frame, has a solid rear end, and is more like a truck than most SUV's. It's no CJ or hardcore Rock Crawler but it's a great Daily Driver and a great all around truck.

An SAS'd X.

Tom