Quantcast

newbie here, just saying HI!

pixelpusher

Chimp
Feb 11, 2005
Oviedo, FL
Hey all-
Just wanted to poke my head in and say HI!
I am new to ridemonkey and new to MTB. I just got my bike a few weeks ago and have been riding around to just get a feel for it- and yesterday went on my first trail ride (snowhill trail for any central FL folks). It seriously kicked my butt, but was alot of fun. I am officially addicted!

I am apparently in a lot worse shape than I thought, though. I had to stop and *really* catch my breath and get control of myself several times (ahem... understatement), and we only covered not even half the trail. I've heard that Snowhill is a pretty "easy" trail,which part of it was pretty easy peasy, but we went through some rough parts where the trees were barely handlebar-distance apart and hills that you went either straight into a sandpit sharp turn or into the water... eek, if thats easy, I think I would kill myself on a harder trail! :blah:

Anyhow... just rambling.:)

-px

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Welcome to riding and Ridemonkey!

The more you ride, the better you will get...no ifs, and, or buts about it.

Enjoy!

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
Welcome! Don't worry, you will build strength and endurance as you go along. Just set some goals for yourself, and don't be too hard on yourself. Before you know it, you will be ripping through Snowhill and wanting to try something more difficult.

dhjill

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
SD Cali
Welcome to the monkey! Don't worry about your fitness so much...it will come in time! Just have fun and enjoy the ride. :)

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
Like all the other hunnies said...

you'll conquer that trail in no time.

Just keep riding!

Pixelpusher...are you a graphic artist?
*edit* found out you are....

got some work you could show us?