Quantcast

Newbie looking for help on finding the proper bike!!

dclark0326

Chimp
Dec 13, 2011
Just left my LBS and checked out a Giant Revel 0.... It felt really good but just want some unbiased opinions on whats best as far as my budget.. Like $500 to $800 range. I grew up riding BMX Freestyle and want to try something new... I live in KC, MO so if you have any advice about the local seen i would greatly appreciate it! And dont want a 29er

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
I ride a Santa Cruz, so should you. If you don't have enough money for one, sell your bong, search the couches, donate sperm, eBay your posessions, whore yourself to older women....this is the only way to find MTB bliss.

brockchalk

Chimp
Jan 5, 2012
I live in KC and have been riding here for 18 years. I like to ride our trails a little more aggressively than most of the folks around here riding the 29ers in racing spandex. I rode a Kona dawg deelux for the last 8 years. It was a very durable and fun bike for our rocky XC trails. I would rather have a little extra weight with added durability. There is a really good deal on the Tunuki deluxe for 1049 on hucknroll.com and that would be a great all around bike you could ride for years and upgrade as you see fit. If you are looking to spend less, I would look at something like a specialized Hardrock Sport or rockhopper. These tend to be durable hardtails with a decent spec for the money. That revel doesn't look to bad either. Kudos to you for not going the 29er route!