Quantcast

News on the Avalance website... and it's actually interesting!

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
I don't think I saw this already posted but look up www.avalanchedownhillracing.com. They have plans for your burnt out 5th or 888.

I'm assuming they're noticing they're not selling as many shocks/forks anymore due to the current line-ups we're seeing. Pretty smart move making parts for a discontinued shock and an all-time favourite fork.

CKxx

Monkey
Apr 10, 2006
Drat. I was hoping it would be a custom tuned drop in cart for the 888. Kind of like a boxcart, or 999, but tuned for you. Still cool though for all the 5th owners.

Dolt

Chimp
Oct 25, 2004
Sup,

Contacted Craig about rebuilding my Stratos El Jefe as well...he said no problem.

Dolt.

El Gordo

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Vernon, NJ
Yeah I spoke to Craig they just wanted to get into the market on tunes alot of people dont know AVY anymore and its not like they sponsor or advertise.. Plus why not he makes awesome suspension, why not compete with Push, and other companies.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
he needs to make an avy cart for a 40 or something...i love my DHF but the weight is killing me...it would be neat to slap a superb cart in a lighter chassis.

CKxx

Monkey
Apr 10, 2006
he needs to make an avy cart for a 40 or something...i love my DHF but the weight is killing me...it would be neat to slap a superb cart in a lighter chassis.
Given that the 40 is a pretty large chassis, it doesn't seem like that would be a huge stretch.

EDIT: After looking at the bits for a while it seems possible. Who wants to be the first to try?

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
Given that the 40 is a pretty large chassis, it doesn't seem like that would be a huge stretch.

EDIT: After looking at the bits for a while it seems possible. Who wants to be the first to try?

actually it would probably be pretty tough....i'm not sure what they could really change, other than making an entire new cartridge and rod....the rebound piston on that fork is about the size of a penny in diameter