Quantcast

Next Twin Parks DH?

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Does anyone know when the next Twin Parks DH race is going to be? I was there for the first one back in April, want to go back out for another race. Someone, anyone?

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Rumor has it that Shane has left Twin Parks. Guess Park didn't want to put any money into the DH or 4x.

As such over on bikemojo they've called for a work day. Kinda lame if you ask me. Why would I pay $300 a year to ride there and then be expected to maintain it as well? Then again, I am just an asshole.

Guess this might be the end of TP's biking without Shane.

rippedjames

Chimp
Jan 7, 2005
tx ...
Monday, July 4th

10am: MB Downhill

Best of 2 runs, divided by class

$10 entry

Lunch in clubhouse

4pm: MB Mountain Cross Qualifying – 1 run

6pm: MB Mountain Cross Finals

Divisional by class

$10 per rider

8pm: MB Awards and Burgers in Clubhouse

Gate fees per day:

$5: non-members

Free: members

Free: competitors

flyer coming soon

rippedjames

Chimp
Jan 7, 2005
tx ...
haveing talked to salty i am now abandoning all interest in promoting the 4th of july race. any future questions regarding the 4th should be directed at twin parks DIRECTLY . if salty says race the 18th then we will race the 18th. there may still be a race on the 4th, i really dont know anymore

sorry for all the bs

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
What changed things?

This is what is going to kill Twin Parks. People start planning to make trips, things get cancelled, and then people don't plan on going back.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I'm done with TP, and I suggest the rest of you consider the same.

They're just jerking people around, and for the paid MTB members, I feel sorry for y'all. I'd ask for my money back and go blow it on some new parts, because from the sound of things this is going to fall apart right quick.

They just lost their potential business from New Orleans. I had seven guys lined up for the 4th of July race, and now I get to be the asshole for vouching for Park and Twin Parks.

So what happened that made this fall apart I wonder?

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
This is why we need more Indians?

Can anyone confirm the 3rd or 4th? I spoke to Park, trying to get something firm. He said there's a race, didn't know which day.

Any help?

spooky55

Chimp
Jan 21, 2005
Guys, guys, I know this date change has been a pain for alot of you, but dont turn other riders away from twin Parks with your frustration. We need for as many riders as possible to come out to the races at TP if we want to continue to have any good 4X and DH comps in Texas. Shane, the guy that had originally built and and put on the first two races has left for Colorado. Myself(Andy), Jeremiah (Salty) and a few other guys who love this spot and the sport are picking up the slack. In order to get the place in primo condition and to properly promote the race we have decided to hold the race on sat. the 16th of July. Dates will never be a issue in the future, this has just been a major transition period. Im sorry guys but im telling you the date change will allow us to have a world class course and to draw in many more riders.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
SSDD...

Is this going to effect Park's "Jam Session" on the 4th?

Frankly this "major transition period" has really turned me off to Twin Parks. This might **** up your scene, but this bull**** has effected my training and ability to ride my squishy bike, and I am ****ing sick of it.

Before any of you even remotely consider giving TP your money, or if you are from out of state, your time and effort, and money, to get there, THINK ABOUT THE POSTS IN THIS THREAD!!!!

The whole "oh, sorry man" thing plays a little thin sometimes.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
And I just looked on the site, according to the events page there is a 4x and DH race on the 4th. Is that on, or are we planning on dropping that event too?

BTS

Chimp
Jul 8, 2004
Austin, TX
Hey man you need to chill out with your negative comments towards TP. Shane and many others have put in some serious work and time to get that place off to a great start. It's a brand new park and kinks are naturally going to arise but that doesn't mean that they can't be smoothed out. Telling people to ban Twin Parks is the very last thing you should be doing. The sport of mountain biking has had a shaky start and needs all the support it can get in order for it to prosper and continue to grow. Twin Parks has the potential to be a world class riding resort. I for one know that Parks (the owner) is willing to allow it to grow infintely. That alone is something extremely rare in that not many land owners would ever even consider. I understand that date changes can be a major hassle but just look on the bright side....that here is a place with infinite potential, a solid crew of riders who are willing to put serious labor into in order to make it flourish, a place that will let riders improve their skills, demanding races for all skill levels, and above all a bad ass place to just ride your bike. There aren't any places I know of in Texas that come even remotely close to what Twin Parks is and will become. Don't ruin it for everyone else!

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
If the comments of one guy can ruin a place, then its not as great as you advertise.

So for the last time, is this:

On or off? Its on the website right now, and I am going to be around for the fourth in San Antonio, and would like to continue to support and ride TP. However, if its off, its a major let down and makes me personally reconsider making another trip that way.

Kdog

Chimp
Apr 19, 2005
ATX
spooky55 said:
Guys, guys, I know this date change has been a pain for alot of you, but dont turn other riders away from twin Parks with your frustration. We need for as many riders as possible to come out to the races at TP if we want to continue to have any good 4X and DH comps in Texas. Shane, the guy that had originally built and and put on the first two races has left for Colorado. Myself(Andy), Jeremiah (Salty) and a few other guys who love this spot and the sport are picking up the slack. In order to get the place in primo condition and to properly promote the race we have decided to hold the race on sat. the 16th of July. Dates will never be a issue in the future, this has just been a major transition period. Im sorry guys but im telling you the date change will allow us to have a world class course and to draw in many more riders.
Hey there...It'd be really cool if you guys would post up when you're gonna be riding out there so that others (me) can join y'all to get in on the session! Much more fun than showing up to ride by oneself- safer too. TP has been an awesome development for the central TX ride scene- we sure don't have anything else like it to ride in this area, & it's really needed, so I look forward to it being there in the future! Thanks to all of the folks who are working to keep it going for all of us, despite all of the miscommunications over the next race date.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Chirs and Corey,

Can you possibly discuss with your internet/computer guy the possibility of setting up some sort of an email list that could keep us informed? I think this entire thread revolves around miscommunication or a lack of information.

I'd also like to take the time to apologize if it seems I have been coming off as hyper critical and/or uber harsh in regards to Twin Parks and this entire regretable situation. It was not my intention to be overly negative, this was just my response to a series of miscommunications and heavy misinformation.

I know that it seems as if I have been the loudest voice of discontent, and I do have a reason for this. I have been doing the whole downhill/freeride thing all over the US for almost 13 years now, and I have seen it come and go in many places due to situations much like this. Mismanagement, labor issues, and the good ol' rumor mill have killed more places like this, and with all the GOOD THAT TWIN PARKS can do, I don't want to let it get sideways because of the inherent BS that always goes down. My intent was to cut this off before it cut this place down, and hopefully in some way my bitching helped.

For those of you I might have dissuaded from riding TP, give it another chance. For those of you who I offended, I'd say I am sorry, but I'm not. If this did anything to prevent Twin Parks from falling to the same BS that has killed many places just like it, then me not being welcome is a small price.

Assuming my car doesn't implode from all the "negative mojo" I've put out, I'll see you for a session on the 4th and maybe the 3rd.

mountaingoat

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
Hell Paso Texas
[/QUOTE]There aren't any places I know of in Texas that come even remotely close to what Twin Parks is and will become. [/QUOTE]

Check out Roughrider Canyon for the Best Freeriding and downhilling in Texas.. I hope yall get things worked out.. Just dont forget bout Roughrider Canyon Freeride Park.. www.roughriderracing.org .. We are having a Freeride fest on Nov. 12th-13th.. It will happen.. Come on over if ya dare.. Its gonna be SICK!
:evil: :dead: I would like to see TP grow, yall have more riders over there.. All this bickering , i am goin riding peace..

scratch

Chimp
Jan 1, 2005
denver, co
i have no clue what to expect, but i'll be riding there sometime between the second and fourth of july. no race is fine by me, but it did sound fun- i wanted another number plate to put on the wall, and at 10 bucks- hell yeah!

but thats not the point- it's my vacation- i just wanna be on two wheels and have something to hit. we have nothing but xc and bmx here in fort worth. i'd love to see tp grow for sure.

so- will there be more people out there on saturday, sunday, or monday? and how much is gate fee for people (riders and non)?

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Wasn't trying to hack on you, just wanted to make sure you knew. Our club here went three months with a bunch of broken links before we worked it out.