Quantcast

NFL Starts: Like 5 more weeks

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I cant wait.

Bears go into camp on thursday! All picks signed. This is the year.

Anyone else getting really excited?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
We were planning on scaling back our cable subscription to the bare bones 20 channels, but MNF has gone to ESPN this year :mumble:

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
binary visions said:
We were planning on scaling back our cable subscription to the bare bones 20 channels, but MNF has gone to ESPN this year :mumble:
Luckily my pops shells out the $350+ for the DirecTV sunday ticket so I get to see every game. Planning on heading to Soldier Field this year to watch one live too.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
I Are Baboon said:
:dancing:

Good thing I am huge fan of the entire NFL since my team (The Rams) SUCK.
They could be a playoff team this year. Bulger is a great qb (and helluva nice guy in person) and you got a great O-line, RB and receivers. The D could use some work, but that never stopped them before.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
BurlyShirley said:
Luckily my pops shells out the $350+ for the DirecTV sunday ticket so I get to see every game. Planning on heading to Soldier Field this year to watch one live too.
I used to see the Bills play live every year since my uncle lives not too far from Buffalo, and he used to buy my mom, my sister and me a ticket to the game. The offer is still open but I'm a little bit farther away from Buffalo now :(

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
BurlyShirley said:
They could be a playoff team this year. Bulger is a great qb (and helluva nice guy in person) and you got a great O-line, RB and receivers. The D could use some work, but that never stopped them before.
I am optomistic with the new head coach coming in. Mike Martz didn't give two turds about defense, and the new coach likes to run the ball so Marc Bulger won't take as much of a pounding.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I'm looking forward to it... though preseason doesn't mean much to me.

Now hockey season on the other hand... THAT I can't wait for!

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Well, the blackhawks are horrible. The predators are still okay, but it still doesnt compare to watching the Bears play.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
MTB_Rob_NC said:
College football in 40DAYS!
Im going to see one or more Alabama games this year at Bryant-Denny. Excited to feel the atmosphere of a college game.

ktmsx

Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
CT.
I like football but I can not bring myself to spend that much time in front of a TV if it is at all nice outside.!!..they should replay games in the week at like 10:00 or so....

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Bears = still need consistent QB in order to not almost-lose-games, and a receiver, ANY RECEIVER, opposite of Moose.

Panthers = Need Foster to stay somewhat healthy (big, BIG ?).

Chargers = Gawd I hope Rivers doesn't f**k it up.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
reflux said:
Bears = still need consistent QB in order to not almost-lose-games, and a receiver, ANY RECEIVER, opposite of Moose.
offense is overrated. ;)

That said though, they did sign Griese, and Rex has played well, when no injured.

Im expecting a top 15 offense this year, not 29th (and still made the playoffs :rofl: ) like last year

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
BurlyShirley said:
offense is overrated. ;)

That said though, they did sign Griese, and Rex has played well, when no injured.

Im expecting a top 15 offense this year, not 29th (and still made the playoffs :rofl: ) like last year
Top 15? Running game, sure, passing game, no. Rex is still unproven at best. He's only played in a handful of games (maybe 10?) and is an injury risk everytime he sets foot on the field. Plus, when you look at him compared to Orton, he looked like Montana. I actually like Griese, and think he will take the starting job from Rex no later than halfway through the season. That is of course, assuming he's healthy. Anyway, Moose didn't impress me much last year, especially considering how effective the running game was.

Offense isn't overrated when a team like Carolina takes away your only advantage and forces your offense to win the game.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
reflux said:
Top 15? Running game, sure, passing game, no. Rex is still unproven at best. He's only played in a handful of games (maybe 10?) and is an injury risk everytime he sets foot on the field. Plus, when you look at him compared to Orton, he looked like Montana. I actually like Griese, and think he will take the starting job from Rex no later than halfway through the season. That is of course, assuming he's healthy. Anyway, Moose didn't impress me much last year, especially considering how effective the running game was.

Offense isn't overrated when a team like Carolina takes away your only advantage and forces your offense to win the game.
Well, Chicago's running game was #8 last year, so a top 15 overall offense shouldnt be too much of a stretch. Griese very well COULD take over as teh starter, but I think it will only be because of injury, as Rex has more talent in his usually broken legs than Griese has in his entire body.
Muhammad was playing w/ Orton last year and Id say thats most of the reason his #'s were down. Orton sucks and only had a handful of pass plays he was allowed to run becuase he didnt know the offense as a rookie.
Anyway, its all predictions at the moment, but Rex is going to show up in a big way this year. Book it. The Carolina game, when the safeties and corner went down, the offense really stepped up in the 2nd half and put them back in the game. Chicago will go to the NFC championship IMO. Maybe all the way...

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
BurlyShirley said:
lots of stuff
Griese - The guy is like another Kerry Collins. After some stupid mistakes, he's grown up and played well in the right system. He did some good stuff in Tampa, you can't disagree with that. That being said, I'm curious to see if Rex is worth the hype he got last year.

Last year's playoff game between Carolina and Chicago was interesting. Mike Brown's calf injury didn't help Chicago's overmatched secondary. He played, but certainly wasn't nearly as effective as he'd been earlier in the season. Don't forget though, that Julius Peppers was playing with a bad shoulder for half the game. No team will play the same if they lose their star defensive lineman, esp and end.

Gawd, I can't wait for the season and this rematch.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
stevew said:
The eagles will suck.
They sure will and T.O. will be the one serving up the tip! :agree:

Regardless of what those punks on ESPN say, the Cowboys are going to punish the lame 4skins and give the Giants a fight for the division in the black-n-blue NFC East. Parcells tends to hit his stride after his 3rd year anyways and certainly knows his way around the Meadowlands.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
llkoolkeg said:
They sure will and T.O. will be the one serving up the tip! :agree:

Regardless of what those punks on ESPN say, the Cowboys are going to punish the lame 4skins and give the Giants a fight for the division in the black-n-blue NFC East. Parcells tends to hit his stride after his 3rd year anyways and certainly knows his way around the Meadowlands.
Both teams are at the mercy of their quarterbacks. Bledsoe will throw too many int's, and Brunell may very well not last the entire season. No matter what happens between Washington and Dallas, the division title is going to either Chicago or Carolina.