Quantcast

NFL training camp starts within the next 2-3 weeks..........

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Football? :confused: Sorry i use my weekends to ride/snowboard, not sit inside and scream at the TV. :mumble:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Dammit. I thought I was gonna be the first to say "I don't care."

But I guess I'll have to be the second.

I don't care! :dancing:

-S.S.-

P.S. I'm grateful, however, that multitudes sit and watch football/basketball/whatever on weekends. If it weren't for them, the ski resorts would for sure be a nightmare. ;)

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Lexx D said:
Football? :confused: Sorry i use my weekends to snowboard, not sit inside and scream at the TV. :mumble:
Then you're boarding at the wrong resorts :blah: The lifts at my resorts are right near the bar :D

I dunno about the DOLPHINS :confused: our main defensive guy, Zach Thomas (LB) had knee surgery recently, so that's a big question mark. I think it comes down to four guys on my team -- Thomas (it's possible his knee will heal so well that it'll allow him to play his best season yet, our pro-bowl caliber CBs (surtain and madison) have good years, and Ricky Williams runs for 2000 yds, then I don't see how we're less than 12-4. If those four have bad years, we'll be lucky to be 6-10.

In a few weeks, I'll post the RM FFL thread :)

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
How can the Dolphins do worse than 12-4? Two words, DAve Wannedstedt(sp?). I used to like the guy, but it seems like he gets outcoached every single year when his team needs him the most.

My team(s) you ask? I have a very good feeling about the Titans this year. I honestly liked their chances last year better than their Superbowl run a few years back, but that's why they play the game. I just hope they can build on their always solid defense and their young receiving corp. Keith Bullock is a monster at linebacker and I know that the secondary will continue to do just enough to make the defense effective.

The Chargers? Don't ask.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
LordOpie said:
In a few weeks, I'll post the RM FFL thread :)
Sweet. Can we make a few changes though? Like limiting the size of the starting roster to 1 qb, 2 receivers, 2 backs, 1 te, 1 kicker, and 2 defensive players (yes, that's right players, not teams. you wouldn't believe how much more fun it made the game last year.). Please???

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
reflux said:
How can the Dolphins do worse than 12-4? Two words, DAve Wannedstedt(sp?). I used to like the guy, but it seems like he gets outcoached every single year when his team needs him the most.
Dave's a pretty good guy and motivator. If he listens to Marc Trestman (Asst. Head Coach) about the offense, I think that would be a good thing. Chris Foerster (Offensive Coordinator) is a big question mark.

They need to run a conservative offense and support Ricky in every way they can. I see the passing game getting the Dolphins into more trouble then they can get out of :(

reflux said:
Sweet. Can we make a few changes though? Like limiting the size of the starting roster to 1 qb, 2 receivers, 2 backs, 1 te, 1 kicker, and 2 defensive players (yes, that's right players, not teams. you wouldn't believe how much more fun it made the game last year.). Please???
haha, I was thinking we should go with three QBs this time! Last seasons FF setup was quite unique and challeging :blah:

I'm in agreeance with ya. If Transcend wants to be Commish again, we'll talk him into making some changes. Tho I think you're suggestion is just a bit too streamlined.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
SkaredShtles said:
Dammit. I thought I was gonna be the first to say "I don't care."

But I guess I'll have to be the second.

I don't care! :dancing:

-S.S.-

P.S. I'm grateful, however, that multitudes sit and watch football/basketball/whatever on weekends. If it weren't for them, the ski resorts would for sure be a nightmare. ;)
I'll be the third or maybe even fifth, sixth or seventh...

But yeah...super bowl sunday to me = less tools on the slopes with their raider or 49er jackets and black jeans... :D

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
dh girlie said:
I'll be the third or maybe even fifth, sixth or seventh...

But yeah...super bowl sunday to me = less tools on the slopes with their raider or 49er jackets and black jeans... :D
We call them Joey's Attire can include starter jackets, Leather coats, jeans(often colored), and last but not least no gloves or goggles.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
The Cowboys will be 10-6...same as last year. They will have a better team, but so will their competition. I just hope they smoke the 4Skins twice to welcome Gibbs back to the NFL and provide an indigestion-free Thanksgiving.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
LordOpie said:
Dave's a pretty good guy and motivator. If he listens to Marc Trestman (Asst. Head Coach) about the offense, I think that would be a good thing. Chris Foerster (Offensive Coordinator) is a big question mark.

They need to run a conservative offense and support Ricky in every way they can. I see the passing game getting the Dolphins into more trouble then they can get out of :(
I truly thought last year was going to be a great year for the Dolphins--Ricky Williams had an insane year. True, they had a qb that didn't work within the system: make your simple throws, don't make mistakes, and don't lose the games for us. The personnel was there last year, all the pieces could've worked, even Fiedler with a little more help. When your the last several years your team is known for having a late season skid, I think it's usually not the players' fault, but the coacing staff that's behind 'em.

RE: fantasy football. The goal is to build a team based on quality, not quantity. When each team starts 15 players, it's tough to make the small changes that will improve your team because each team can stockpile 20-30 players. By starting fewer players, it forces you to make sure your team is performing at the highest level. If it's not at that level, there is sufficient talent left on the market for you to experiment and see if those small changes make a difference.

J

JRB

I saw that Monday night football was on last night. Didn't watch, but I saw that it was on.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
Lexx D said:
Football? :confused: /QUOTE]
I'm not really going to watch much football this season - I don't have cable and it's hard to keep up with all of the Euro & African matches in a non-World Cup year. 2006 should be great though, and I'm predicting Italy in the finals. Go Azzuri!

Oh wait, you are not talking American football, are you?
I can't watch that.