Quantcast

Nice pic of EC's new DH rig: the EC-D

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Hmm.. I'd love to see a profile, non-drive side picture of that to get a better look at the linkage.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Looks good! He´s not gonna keep that periscope on there, is he?
...actually this bike isn't set up as Eric's personal ride - it is a pic from a distributor in the U.K. The EC-D finished proto some time during the summer, and now you can go to 'Goose and buy em.

I've ridden one during the Mt. Snow finals, and as I've said in a previous post - the geometry feels spot-on. Not very heavy either - DEFINITELY lighter than my race-prepped Demo 8.

Eric's bike and the one you see are completely identical, except for the fact that he said he would be running Easton forward controls (stem, handlebars), some Ti fasteners (bolts) and I'm guessing - although he hasn't said this - the new 06 Boxxer WC.

Those will be the only differences between his bike and the production model you see here, or can find Mongoose's new web site:
http://www.mongoose.com/bikes/detail_us.php?brandLine=Pro_US&brandID=66

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
......it doesnt look that much different basic design wise......

Now lets get thoose apologies turned out.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
...you realize of course that these criticisims are just going to give Carter more of a reason to focus on DH for next year and kick everyone's ass on this new bike...:sneaky::blah:

revmonkey

Monkey
Sep 6, 2005
isn't EC on this site? maybe he can give us some scoop on this bike.

anyways i thought the black diamonds were SICK bikes. too bad not many people can get past the name it's become associated with.