Quantcast

Nice roadie bike on ebay

rooftest

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
OC, CA
I'm always suspect of auctions where the owner obviously doesn't know what he's selling. This is their low-end Carbon-Ti bike, so it's retail isn't $3,999, probably more like $3K. My LBS was selling it for $2,400, though.

Mine is the same bike as that (same components), but carbon-steel, and the list price was $2,600 I believe (although I bought it for $1,900.)

That guy's a sucker if he paid $750 for Race X lites - those can be had for $400, and I hope they're not really as heavy as 1,700 grams!

AustinM

Chimp
Feb 22, 2005
He also doesn't have a picture of the actual bike he is selling which makes it a little suspicious as well.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
AustinM said:
He also doesn't have a picture of the actual bike he is selling which makes it a little suspicious as well.
I'm pretty sure all the pictures in the ad are of the actual bike, except the one that's in this thread.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
I'd be on it if I were in the market for such a nice road bike. I'm still looking for the right steel ride. Damn TDF has everyone selling their bikes for too much. $600 is too much to pay for a steel bike with rusty components :dead: