Quantcast

Nico back racing, grabs Second...

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Nico's big event is Champery in 2 weeks. Will be exciting to see what happens. Can he get back in NIco-esque form, or he just grasping at straws against the young guns. OHHH the drama!

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
found a picture of his new Lapierre...looks light and fast.Now let's just hope he can do the top 5 in Champery!
anyone see if his left crank arm is a dura ace. gotta cut weight somewhere.................

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Mang...4 seconds to Barel? That's a LOT! But...if you're watching what Carmichael is doing to the outdoor series right now after having "jumped to NASCAR"???? Nico might just be sneaking around waiting to unload on the crew.

Anybody find it Ironic that NICO is sporting a Royal Racing jersey, formerly owned by Peaty...and it's decorated with the rainbow stripes....ouch!

Oh..and last thing...Nico in a Michelin podium hat. No surprise there!

Infantry

Chimp
Jan 18, 2005
I was just looking at the results. and it looks to me as if they did two runs...if thats the case...isnt that kind of crazy that barel times were 2:44:60 and 2:52:70 and Nico's times were 2:48:35 and 2:47:56...If this is the case. I think his runs are more impressive than a hit and miss run...Being consistant (in my Opinion) is better....Had they would've done combined score or average score...IT would've nico....I'm not saying shoulda woulda coulda..Im just saying...Nico is gonna be a force this year....I'd be scared if i was a world cuo dh rider....

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
If Barel went last on the second run as he was the only one to beat and no one did, he would've known he already won and his 2nd lap would've been a victory lap.

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
If Barel went last on the second run as he was the only one to beat and no one did, he would've known he already won and his 2nd lap would've been a victory lap.
He would have had to take his start before Nico finished his 2nd run so he wouldn't have known.

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
found a picture of his new Lapierre...looks light and fast.Now let's just hope he can do the top 5 in Champery!
dude how pumped are the guys are e.13 right now?!?!?!?......he's the best there has ever been and he's already run most the the other products, but he's new to e.13......stoked for those guys.....they are definitely the definition of BIG TIME!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
He would have had to take his start before Nico finished his 2nd run so he wouldn't have known.
Maybe Nico stopped somewhere on course and pulled an "EC" and shanked Barel halfway down course and then got back on and still posted that time.... :think:

So...are you gonna tell us all about that story or what? Because that has got to be the all time best qualifying time story ever. Better than O'Driscoll going postal on that spectator. Come on EC, give us some background, play by play.:busted:

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
Its all on his website: http://www.nicolasvouilloz.com/news_vtt.php?news=165&saison=2007

Basically he's saying he was the only one of the top 3 guys to improve his time during the second run but was a bit disappointed about it and could've done better...Will he be a serious contender at the world cup races? I guess we are all about to find out soon...Even if he doesn't, the guy is still stupid fast.I tried to keep up with him last summer in Whistler ,yeah ok Im no world cup racer but Ive followed( for a few seconds) a bunch of top pros over the last years up there and Nico speed was purely inhuman...

Here's an action shot of the bike:

Attachments