Quantcast

Nicolai UFO ST - pix and ino request - Boone, this means you!

Oct 14, 2007
Brotha Darkness...no way brothers + riding Nicolai...sweet... It fells good to finally have some brothers around here

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
technically it would have been "brothers" darkness seeing as how 2 of the memebers of team nicolai were of african american heritage plus one goofy as asian guy. god i remember beeing a grom looking at the pics of you guys riping those bikes and it made me want one so so bad, those pics bring back fond memories thanks don

Oct 14, 2007
technically it would have been "brothers" darkness seeing as how 2 of the memebers of team nicolai were of african american heritage plus one goofy as asian guy. god i remember beeing a grom looking at the pics of you guys riping those bikes and it made me want one so so bad, those pics bring back fond memories thanks don
you obviously havent been watching much chappell lately

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
I have just ridden it around the gravel driveway, nothing else due to having a broken arm. I can't wait to try it on the trails. My boss says it does not climb as good as his Giant Reign(no surprise), on the downhills he loves it says it sucks up everything better than his Glory and Foes.

The scale I used said just under 46, I am not sure how accurate the scale is batteries were acting up. There are many places to cut some weight if we wanted too.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
technically it would have been "brothers" darkness seeing as how 2 of the members of team Nicolai were of African American heritage plus one goofy as Asian guy. god i remember being a grom looking at the pics of you guys riping those bikes and it made me want one so so bad, those pics bring back fond memories thanks don
lol..I was the only member that was black on team Nicolai...Moni just owned one...D

ozzemale

Chimp
May 3, 2004
sydney
Hi I m the nicolai importer for Australia and here are some bikes from my grassroot team riders.

our current dh state champion in under 19s riding the nucleon tst evo.

hope you like the pics.

nicho

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Wow, rider weight classes? For midgets...? I think he's talking about the age class, man.

Donnie, good to see some old pics of good times. And to read the story of your epic ride back up Anderson. Bet you haven't forgotten the keys since...

But I'm shocked to hear that you're black. Why didn't you tell me??

boone

Monkey
Jun 27, 2005
I'm waiting on this thing :shocked:
The ufo st gboxx proto for 09. I think it has a belt drive too. Curently shown with a chain but...Have seen some cool belt drive stuff on this frame.
Should be interesting.

Damn low COG...

Attachments

boone

Monkey
Jun 27, 2005
Yeah that new one has me all a twitter :)
I am not sure if it is ever gonna be a reality but damn if it is, I would sell a kidney for one!!

I would love to see the ufo as a gboxx bike. Little more BB clearance, little longer CS for Pure DH bike..aahhhhhhhhh

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
^was that dw's at some point? looks like the same spec. damn, i want one.

to join in the nicolai love-in - my ufo from a couple seasons back. fun bike.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
xy9ine - i'm still bummed that i didn't buy that thing from you.

i'm looking at the pix and the geo again and i'm noticing that not many other bikes use the same pivot location as the ufo-st. the pivot is up and foward compared to the bottlerocket i'm on, which is similar to many other designs. i wouldn't call the ufo-st a "high" or "forward" pivot, but it is higher and more forward than what i'm on. how will that impact pedaling, braking, and bump compliance? i gotta ask since i can't test ride :)

boone

Monkey
Jun 27, 2005
Mandown, where you live?
Hit me up with aPM maybe you can ride mines...Offer is open :)

boone

Monkey
Jun 27, 2005
Oooo, dat a long way from Oregon :)
You are more than welcome to come ride it any time though.
Just need to get a new hanger and it is good to go.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
dude, it isn't like i needed another reason to go back to oregon. blackrock and post canyon kill. i made some good friends while i was up there. you pm me when you get that hanger and i'll try to work out a riding trip :)

boone

Monkey
Jun 27, 2005
sho nough!
Let's do it :)
I am not a super ripper when it comes to huge gap jumps but I like to ride and almost always bring beer for th post ride activities!

How about BR? Ever ridden there? I have never been to post before either...
I am in shasta this weekend. Will PM ya when I get back and get the Nic up and running. We shall ride!

springfish

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Hood River, Oregon
sho nough!
Let's do it :)
I am not a super ripper when it comes to huge gap jumps but I like to ride and almost always bring beer for th post ride activities!

How about BR? Ever ridden there? I have never been to post before either...
I am in shasta this weekend. Will PM ya when I get back and get the Nic up and running. We shall ride!
Sounds good! I'm not a big jump gap guy anymore so don't worry. I just like to go as fast as possible, hit the fun stunts, drops, etc., and keep the good flow! Haven't been to Black Rock yet, though I hear it's awesome.

Definitely drop me a line when you get back. AND I LOVE beer! ;)

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
awww hell yeah! i got a line on a relatively new UFO ST in the same color scheme as Boone's = red front, black back. i may pull the trigger on this beast :)

boone

Monkey
Jun 27, 2005
Is that evil DHs?
I think he races with the USA Nicolai rep and their team.
Should be a good way to go! I know that bike has a pushed dhx5 coil and a wheel with it for a DAMN good price. He must have just repainted the front triangle red :) Mmmmmm new paint.

I highly recommed :) It's a large too!