Quantcast

Night-time urban late next week?

bighitguy

Chimp
Nov 18, 2004
renton
Anyone want to hit up some urban in downtown Seattle mid-late next week? (Wed. Thurs. Fri.) Maybe start up at the top of the hill and head down past the market then shuttle the elevator back up to the market and ride around there for a while? I'm open to suggestions since I've never ridden down there before I just think there's a lot of fun stuff to ride down around in there.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
I may be down later this week. I think I'm working the late shift this week, so I wouldn't be around until around 9pm. I'll keep an eye on this thread to see what it's looking like. There's alot to do around downtown - TONS if you have trials skills (which I don't).

bighitguy

Chimp
Nov 18, 2004
renton
well hey, trials skills are hard to come by, but you've gotta try stuff and pracitce if you ever want to get trials skills. im mostly lookin for stuff that i can hop up onto and then have a big drop or something technical to ride.

and ya, dont ride renton at night unless you've got a big group, not that there's a whole ton of stuff to ride on anyway.

im thinking probably thursday night, i dont know how early ill get up there, but id like to ride relatively late.

bighitguy

Chimp
Nov 18, 2004
renton
so it sounds like we're going to meet up around 9, anyone got a good idea for where or do we all want to exchange cell #'s and meet up that way or what?

lucky13

Chimp
Jun 3, 2005
Seattle, WA
By trials did you mean session a spot for as long as security allows or just the usual freerider's getting bored because I'm enjoying sidehop practice or ledge up's? As a trials(core?) rider I hate riding with the stair-gap/hucker crowd since they have NO attention span and always seem to be on the run.

My bike is sorta set up for natural/session (no transpo) right now anywise (singlespeed 22/18, sticky brakes front and rear) so I guess i'm out unless you want to meet up at one spot? I could be down at the waterfront (practicing) around 9pm. I'll be on the black Desalvo with uber wide rims drilled out.

call me 206 930 1377

Joel

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
I'm not picky about who I ride with. Ride a unicycle if it floats your boat.:)

Sounds like at least a couple friends and myself will be there right around nine. They'll be riding bighits and I'll be on my raleigh ram. Try to NOT spot us.;)
I'd say the pig (under the neon Pike Place Public Market sign with the big clock) at Pike St and Pike Pl would be a good starting point.

My cell is 206-650-1948. Leave a message if I don't answer. Can't use cell at work - wrist gets slapped very hard if I do.

lucky13

Chimp
Jun 3, 2005
Seattle, WA
That was fun, I think next time I should use my streety rig so everyone gets some rollin in,.. it'd be fun to just cruise the city eh? Jerry and I were like circus bears and you clowns watched for a while, that's not fair to you,.. but we had fun! Next time let's get some speed!

joel

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
lucky13 said:
That was fun, I think next time I should use my streety rig so everyone gets some rollin in,.. it'd be fun to just cruise the city eh? Jerry and I were like circus bears and you clowns watched for a while, that's not fair to you,.. but we had fun! Next time let's get some speed!

joel
Worked for me. I was kind of tired from a busy day at work and my front brake went to the crapper, so watching your crew bouncing, bouncing, bouncing and hopping was actually a good time. Besides it was perfect outside as far as the weather was concerned, so it prevented me from going home and loafing around.
Once I get my brake taken care of we should try it again...or I can be a super-spotter if my brake is still janky.:thumb: