Quantcast

niner 6.5'' 29er bike

CKxx

Monkey
Apr 10, 2006
What do you do with it? On any other 6.5" bike I'd be pretty aggressive, but that thing looks like lateral force = taco fiesta.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Looks like a great SuperD bike from the pics in the link, dig the gravity dropper seatpost. Actually looks pretty well built I wanna take it out and give it a good ride and see how it feels

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
No not at all, The pic you see in teh post doesnt show it, but the link there shows it, Its on the second Pic, I actually like the idea of being able to Change seatpost height on the fly

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
Seems like may be too much travel for a trail bike, Bcd's 29" DH rigs run about the same no?

What's up with that 60 degree seat tube angle?

Overall looks promising though!

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
Seems like may be too much travel for a trail bike, Bcd's 29" DH rigs run about the same no?

What's up with that 60 degree seat tube angle?

Overall looks promising though!
with a verticle ish axle path the wheels comes close
to the seatube. to get a seatangle close to 73 they
have to do that.

i actually have like 5.75 rear. and i am going up to 6.75
next bike.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
cool looking bike, interesting linkeage configuration.

<edit> anyone know the standover?

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
thing looks sweet... i hope the 29" tire selection is stepped up appropriately with non-XC offerings.

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
I know the form follows the function, but I'm still a bit of a whore for great lines too. THAT thing looks like someone drove into their garage with it forgotten on the roof rack! Cool concept though, love those pushing the limits. :thumb:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Got a closeup On this bike today an IB, And i have to say, hopeing not to piss anyone off, that i am dissapointed with teh rear sus. Too many bushings, not enough bearings in the Pivots, I figured that most people would know by now to stick to bearings, specially in the longertravel bikes.

jbogner

Monkey
May 8, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
can't wait to put my hands on this new tire from wtb
Or the new tire they've got on the proto Niner at Interbike- a dual ply, 1200g WTB 29er tire...

The new Niner is hot. This is just a proto- from what I've read, I don't think they're sold on bushings, and may yet go back to bearings for the production version.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Got a closeup On this bike today an IB, And i have to say, hopeing not to piss anyone off, that i am dissapointed with teh rear sus. Too many bushings, not enough bearings in the Pivots, I figured that most people would know by now to stick to bearings, specially in the longertravel bikes.
See Turner for bushings done right...

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
The new Niner is hot. This is just a proto- from what I've read, I don't think they're sold on bushings, and may yet go back to bearings for the production version.
So put heavier bearings back in after interbike.....that's a new one....:huh:

jbogner

Monkey
May 8, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
So put heavier bearings back in after interbike.....that's a new one....:huh:
Why not? It's a second-gen pre-production proto that's likely to see even more refinement before it goes into production next year. I guess they could have just not shown it at all, but what fun would that be?

It's not like they're taking orders on it. Just a teaser more than anything else.

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
i was just looking at those photos saying to myself, "if that thing was 83x150 i'd be all over it" and then i scroll down, and sure enough!!!! i just about crapped myself.

also, that 2nd wtb tire looks absolutely terrible... so it's heavy and has an embarrassingly bad tread pattern, wow...

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
i was just looking at those photos saying to myself, "if that thing was 83x150 i'd be all over it" and then i scroll down, and sure enough!!!! i just about crapped myself.

also, that 2nd wtb tire looks absolutely terrible... so it's heavy and has an embarrassingly bad tread pattern, wow...

yeah, weird hardpack side but loose soil knobs for braking?

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
I keep seeing this on their website, it looks like a lot of bike for a 29er. Is it really DH specific? I really like how 29ers corner and roll, but interested to see such a long travel version in the trail bike side of things
no, when it comes out it will be allmountain. no slack headangles
yet. i did talk to them about it though for some side testing.

alex